Revell He 111P-2 in 1:32

OK - I've been slacking on Connie, the Ju 52 and the Lightning stuff - but I have been busy with this:

re2005455.JPG

he111airframe.jpg

It's, erm, a bit large to photograph on a kitchen worktop!

Hopefully paint at the weekend smile.png

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Steve - fit so far has been good to excellent - I think theire may be a tad too much dihedral though - need to check...

Mooflies - this one :)

'White E' from KG55 in temporary night camouflage autumn 1940 -from http://crimso.msk.ru/Site/Arts/Art5705.htm

27-2.jpg

From FalkeEins excellent blog:

kg55he111hasegawarefphoto.jpg

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Hi folks - thanks for interest...

Am hoping she'll look OK - the scheme is like a reversed winter white distemper finish - only black - so great opportunity to weather and play with effects :)

Iain

I've caved in and just ordered a couple of packs of these babies from Hannants:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MR32013

MR32013.jpg

And a set of these - 1:48 but will help me scratch build mine:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/QB48150

QB48150.JPG

Just sorting out minor joint blemishes tonight (whilst watching Battle of Britain) - then cowls and control surfaces (all already assembled and prepped) on by Fri evening.

Hopefully canopies on and painting over the weekend :)

*Really* enjoying this one...

Earlier this evening son Cameron pointed out there were 'bits missing' from the wings and tail. Then wanted to know what they do. I explained and 10 minutes later he picked up one of his models (21st Century Models Stuka) and demonstrated movements (by name!) in the pitch, yaw and roll axis. He's only 4!!!!

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Earlier this evening son Cameron pointed out there were 'bits missing' from the wings and tail. Then wanted to know what they do. I explained and 10 minutes later he picked up one of his models (21st Century Models Stuka) and demonstrated movements (by name!) in the pitch, yaw and roll axis. He's only 4!!!!

When are you letting him near your stash. :wicked:

I've got that to look forward to with Jack (who's three) :o

Steve

Edited by jacksdad64

When are you letting him near your stash. :wicked:

I've got that to look forward to with Jack (who's three) :o

Steve

He's already had three from the stash - 21st Century Stuka, 109 and Zero - he's built all three - with a little help - and loves them!

And he's been building his own stash - half way through the Wallace and Grommit Motorcycle and sidecar - and Grommit's aeroplane is done and on it's stand in his bedroom. Took him with me to the Coventry show in the summer - he won a Chaffee tank in the tombola - and a very nice person on one of the stands gave him an Airfix MiG 15 they'd won.

Got him one of the Revell Star Wars kits from TKmaxx on my way home the other week - he built that with mummy last weekend whilst I worked on the Heinkel :)

He liked it so much I blagged the three kit boxed set from TKmaxx as something that will be from Santa :)

Now - he knows 'daddy has a toy shop in the loft' but as its access by tall ladder only I think it's safe for a while! Plenty to keep him busy when he's older though ;)

Back to the 111 - Revell UK have got fresh stocks of their etch set so I'm collecting a review sample tomorrow from their office (which is 30 yards from my desk in Tring - handy that! ;) ). Bit late for some of the details - but many can still be incorporated.

So - with delivery of gun barrels tomorrow along with the smaller scale exhausts as patterns I *should* have everything I need to finish the beast. I *really* want to get painting!!

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Parcel arrived from the Mighty H today - I'm absolutely blown away by the Master MG 15 barrels - I don't think I've ever seen such fine machining - incredibly fine... :wub:

Iain

Totally agree. I got a set for the big Lanc and they are just incredible.

Steve

What with not being able to get any work done on her until this afternoon - and the wish to tweak a few things - I've failed miserably to get any paint on.

I've also given up on masking transparencies and ordered a set of Eduard masks...

Anyhoo - this is where we're at (not brill pix - just took a few quickies - 109 gives an idea of size):

re2005457.JPG

re2005458.JPG

re2005459.JPG

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Gav - build it! Go on - you know you want to! Size isn't unmanageable - in fact I think it's ideal for the subject...

Thanks Si - we'll see what she ends up like...

Well - masks have arrived - great service from an online trader I've never come across before - Models R Go - but suspect I got last set as now showing out of stock.

Now - does anyone know where I can find a decent photo of the area where the rear under-fuselage gonola transparencies blend into the rear fuselage (the rearmost two flat panes) - have been through all my refs and been Googling for days - but nothing conclusive. Any pointers? I'm not sure about the step as provided by Revell?

On a 'Milliputing' small gaps tonight - Monday and Tuesday booked as holiday next week - so hopefully...

Iain