The finished builds

dylan the rabbit

Eduard Albatross D111 special edition

Built for the WW1 Group build, my first WW1 kit, built OOB with the exception of some fishing line, bob's buckles and a small lenght of wire to make the radiator pipe. Painted throughout with Vallejo Model Colour paints, and a huge quantity of masking tape.

The build thread is here here

I wish to express my thanks for all the hints for this new subject I have received here, much appreciated.

I am thrilled with the result, can't stop grinning every time I look at it.

I know the left wheel is a little off , but it can wait until I get some rod to replace the shaft , as it is the shaft that is bending.

Enough waffling - pictures - Hope you like it.

COMPL_1.jpg

COMPL_2.jpg

COMPL_3.jpg

COMPL_4.jpg

COMPL_5.jpg

Here's my two offerings. Very different builds from each other they were too.

First, the Airfix 1/72 DH4, simple in every respect, a handsome end product and an enjoyable build.

290051371.jpg

290051372.jpg

290051373.jpg

290051374.jpg

And second, the Eduard 1/72 Fokker EIII Eindekker profipack. This a little jewel of a kit but fiddly aint the word. I've enjoyed it but it's been a challenge and I've broken it lots of times!

294091306.jpg

294091304.jpg

294091302.jpg

294091300.jpg

Jen.

Airfix Fokker Dr.1 in 1/72nd

Excellent builds so far peeps! All that stunning rigging. Thankfully there was only a small amount on mine. The build thread is here.

Trying out my new Canon EOS 400D on a model for the first time. It makes the model look good, I think I'll keep it :lol:

pic_15.jpg

pic_16.jpg

pic_17.jpg

pic_18.jpg

pic_19.jpg

pic_20.jpg

pic_21.jpg

cheers

Grant

• 2 weeks later...

Eduard 1/48th Morane Saulnier Type N

Finished what has to be one of the most interesting builds of a long time, having streached my abilities and allowed me to experiment with several new techniques.

P1010001-2.jpg

P1010004-2.jpg

P1010003-4.jpg

P1010006.jpg

Got to say a special thanks to Nick for this GB and Bob for the assistance with reference material, not to mention everyone who put in an encouraging word to keep me at it. Cheers all :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Aha, a finished builds thread! Some absolutely excellent builds so far!

Here's mine anyway, an Eduard 1/48 Pfalz DIII.a. Built out of the box apart from the wonderful Bobs_Buckles turnbuckles added. Special thanks have to go to Bob as he sent me the kit and provided a lot of help along the way... This was my first WWI build ever and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I'll be building more in the future now.

daa0bb27.jpg

0cd30b03.jpg

e3156f3e.jpg

44ff736b.jpg

f23d22dc.jpg

f404190e.jpg

a5f39801.jpg

5237d299.jpg

f698abb4.jpg

c0e0f079.jpg

Karl.

well done to all, great builds, alas i never got far with mine!!

so great work chaps!! :partytime:

Me neither, but brilliant work peeps, some fantastic models there, I really like Karls, that stag emblem and wooden prop are absolutely stunning. :thumbsup:

Finally, here's mine.

A Revell 1/48th Fokker DVII. Moulds made in 1956 apparently.

The cockpit was entirely scratch built coz there was bugger all in the kit, the fuselage needed filling over in front of the machine guns and the struts are a terrible fit.

The build thread's here if you can be bothered!

http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8889

Painted in Tamiya white, and very little weathering. The prop was done in Windsor and Newton oils (cheers Bobby!), and the rigging was a mixture of thread and Ernie Balls 8-gauge..

I'm not even going to bother with a satin finish, as I like it as it is. The Klear makes it smell nice too..

In short, I love it!

Thanks go to Dragan Saler for his extremely useful renders of WW1 aircraft. Good work fella.

For those historical buffs, it's Herman Goering's bird from Jagdgeschwader 11, German Airforce, September 1918.

Enjoy!

Nick von OnlybuildingEduardandRodenWW1kitsfromnowon

_D9O9079.jpg

_D9O9081.jpg

_D9O9082.jpg

_D9O9080.jpg

_D9O9083.jpg

_D9O9084.jpg

_D9O9087.jpg

_D9O9086.jpg

_D9O9095.jpg

_D9O9093.jpg

_D9O9091.jpg

_D9O9089.jpg

Aha, a finished builds thread! Some absolutely excellent builds so far!

Here's mine anyway, an Eduard 1/48 Pfalz DIII.a. Built out of the box apart from the wonderful Bobs_Buckles turnbuckles added. Special thanks have to go to Bob as he sent me the kit and provided a lot of help along the way... This was my first WWI build ever and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I'll be building more in the future now.

0cd30b03.jpg

Karl.

Just love this scheme. Classy and then some! Great build too.

Lovely builds all round in fact.

Dave

The black and silver scheme certainly suits the futuristic lines of an aircraft that looks so ahead of her time Karl. Straight out of some Boy's Own comic :lol:

Bloody nice engine Bob, if the rest turns out as good she'll be a stunner!

Nick, that's turned out lovely for such a pigs bottom of a kit. Well worth all the work. The prop in particular brings her to life.

Top jobs all round lads :goodjob: