Revell 1/32 Tornado GR4

Hi Mike,

I've built this kit, you're in for a long haul...it will be worth it though, the finished model looks impressive. Good start btw - if you are like I have the HT Model book which I would be willing to sell, pm me if interested.

Cheers

James

Hi Mike,

I've built this kit, you're in for a long haul...it will be worth it though, the finished model looks impressive. Good start btw - if you are like I have the HT Model book which I would be willing to sell, pm me if interested.

Cheers

James

Thanks James, but I already have the HT Model book. I've also got this book, its a bit pricey but I think it's worth it.

Mike.

• 3 weeks later...

Great looking build, I am watching this one with interest as i am contemplating a similar one in the future so am looking at your experience with the upgrades.

If you need any photos of the actual thing give me a shout and I will sort some out for you when I am back at work next week, just let me know what and what angle.

Bob

Thanks James, but I already have the HT Model book. I've also got this book, its a bit pricey but I think it's worth it.

Mike.

Its a stunning book ....only let down is that the aircraft photo'd are Luftwaffe examples ....as you say ....worth every penny !

Andy

Kwakermad.

Thanks for the Offer of photos of the actual thing, I'll have a think, cause I'm sure there will be and I'll get back to you, Where are you based? I'm thinking its either Marham, Coningsby or Lossie??? Or none of the above?

Small update.

I've made a start on the flaps that will go into the Flap bays seen above, each flap is made up from11 parts!!!

8120114118_46b23b1273.jpg

This is how far I've got!! I can see this is going to be a slow process, each "rib" is made out of 2 pieces, I've decided to solder the joins for more strength, I've then soldered the 2 ribs onto the lower part of the flap.

8120102231_c626a1dce6.jpg

There are another 2 "inner ribs" that locate in the slots seen in the upper part of the flap, the front edge then needs to be curved down in between the 2 outer ribs, but this is where I'm scratching my head a bit.

I need to get something I can get uniform curves into the upper flap to follow the contuors of the ribs, I've ordered a "Brass assist roller set" so once that arrives I'll give it a try, hopefully it will do the job.

Thanks for looking, and again sorry for the poor photos and the glacial pace.

Mike

• Like 1

Kwakermad.

Thanks for the Offer of photos of the actual thing, I'll have a think, cause I'm sure there will be and I'll get back to you, Where are you based? I'm thinking its either Marham, Coningsby or Lossie??? Or none of the above?

Mike

Hi Mike

Good guess, I am at Lossie, so just give me a shout any time

Bob

Saw your comment on rolling, if you hadn't already ordered the rolling set, I'd suggest it's worth using hobby knives of the xacto type to roll the parts on a cutting mat. You can actually get smooth curves, even of different radii, in a single piece.

Keep up the painstaking work, is a tough set to master, but you are doing a sterling job! :thumbsup2:

Al

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...