Airfix WWII British Infantry Northern Europe 1/72

John

Was the P.14 ever used in its standard form in northern europe ??? I always believed that, apart from the sniper ones, they all ended their days in the UK and never really saw any action in WWII.

Rifles aside, good to see Airfix venturing in the figures market again. The competition out there is pretty good today, hope these compare favourably.

1/72? An odd scale for Airfix, given their commitment to 1/76. Is it new Airfix tooling or something they have bought in to fill a gap?

They've been filling the gap for a while by buying in the old ESCI set, presumably from Italeri, which is pretty good. I wonder what happened to Airfix's own British Infantry set?

John

They've been filling the gap for a while by buying in the old ESCI set, presumably from Italeri, which is pretty good. I wonder what happened to Airfix's own British Infantry set?

John

Apparently the mold was worn out...

It is a bit of an odd set and a bit dissapinting after the 22 year gap since their last "self made set" the russian modern if and i was looking forward to a much better result. Still they are back in the game and if it sell then hopefully they will make a few more sets

• 3 weeks later...

After seeing photos of these figures I'm a little disappointed with the quality. Other companies have raised the bar with figures in this scale over the last few years. I hope the 1:48 modern British Infantry are of better quality when they are released.

• 1 month later...