The boxy flare type thingy on an Apache

Skii

This

WMuSu.jpg

Does anyone have some better images of one ? There is a good photo from Gary on the Britmodeller Apache walkaround, however it doesn't show the bottom of the unit - ie wether it is open or closed

ta peeps :)

J

Magman - nice work fella, I've no idea where you found that but its exactly what I needed, thanks matey ;)

As usual John, I'm in awe of your grasp of the technical jargon used in aviation. :) No, I'm kidding, that was awful! :rofl:

:D

Really was crap wasn't it :whistle: mind you I now know its a chaff dispenser after a Google search, not a boxy type flare thingymajig

:cyclops:

Really was crap wasn't it :whistle: mind you I now know its a chaff dispenser after a Google search, not a boxy type flare thingymajig

:cyclops:

Glad that's got what was needed as I had a look but couldn't find anything looking up from underneath that close - I try and avoid shooting them from underneath! The flare thingy on a AAC Apache is the boxes just infront on the fuselage sides, angled slightly down on both sides. Chaff dispenser is one side only.

Gary

Edited by gary1701

Glad that's got what was needed as I had a look but couldn't find anything looking up from underneath that close - I try and avoid shooting them from underneath! The flare thingy on a AAC Apache is the boxes just infront on the fuselage sides, angled slightly down on both sides. Chaff dispenser is one side only.

Gary

I'd avoid shooting an Apache from any angle. Are you Taliban?

I think you are spot on with your terminology, whilst I was serving we used to get a product in a plain white tube, title "compound cleaning toilet bowl' the product- Vim for those of you may remember it.

Colin @ the bottom of Africa