Folland Gnat F. MK I 1/48 scale by AEROPOXY

Supercuber

and very welcome but was there not another 1/48 Gnat also due to be out by now? If I recall that correctly what happened to it?
Source: http://www.theaviationworkshop.co.uk/afa48...gnat-p-618.html

afa480011.png

AFA-4801 Folland Gnat

AVAILABLE: December 5th, 2011

Stock Code: AFA-4801

Manufactured by: AIRFrame

1/48 Scale Injection moulded kit.

Folland/HS Gnat T.1 in RAF Service includes detailed cockpit and Model Alliance Decals for Red Arrows, Yellow Jacks and RAE

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

V.P.

Thanks VP

well that came and went quickly ! I didn't realise it had been done and then sold out! I tried to pre-order but aviation workshop wouldn't take pre-orders so I had better not miss on the new kid on the block. I wonder if anyone can say how they would have compared?

Thanks VP

well that came and went quickly ! I didn't realise it had been done and then sold out! I tried to pre-order but aviation workshop wouldn't take pre-orders so I had better not miss on the new kid on the block. I wonder if anyone can say how they would have compared?

We haven't reached December 2011 yet.........

Tony :clif:

We haven't reached December 2011 yet.........

Tony :clif:

Tony

is that whats called a technical point? :D

I just had a quick glance and saw the big red "SOLD OUT" on the site and took it at face value - should have read more and tried engaging brain but thats what happens when snatching 5 mins at work over a sandwich and coffee !

So there is hope for the afflicted yet then?

Mind you what about the wallet?

9 red hawks

9 red gnats

4 (?) yellow gnats ... one could go on !!

Thanks VP

John, keep in mind that the T.1 as done by AIRframe and the F.1 made by Aeropoxy are quite different animals. Yes, they are both Gnats but the RAF 2 seater is quite different from the original single seat F.1 as used by Yugoslavia, Finland and especially India (its biggest user).

So if RAF trainers are what you're interested in, the AIRframe one is the only choice.

Thanks VP

I think it only marked as sold out (out of stock) to prevent you ordering.

Airfix do this to http://www.airfix.com/airfix-products/new-...=&sortorder=

so these might both hit the shelves at about the same time.

Dave

John, keep in mind that the T.1 as done by AIRframe and the F.1 made by Aeropoxy are quite different animals. Yes, they are both Gnats but the RAF 2 seater is quite different from the original single seat F.1 as used by Yugoslavia, Finland and especially India (its biggest user).

So if RAF trainers are what you're interested in, the AIRframe one is the only choice.

Must admit I over looked that point too. :wall:

:oops:

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Dave

Edited by zero

• 3 weeks later...

1/48 scale resin Folland Gnat F. MK I ( fighter, single seater) is finnished. No more rumours, its ready for market.

Decals for British Ministry of Supply, Suomen ilmavoimat-Finnish Air Force and Yugoslav Air Force.

FollandGnat48Aeropoxyboxart.jpg

FollandGnatFMKIEBAY-Wordpress_800.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They only seem to want to sell then via auction on ebay at the moment, which contradicts what the guy touting the range at Telford told me!

He said they would be sold through him at approx 25 euros, which I thought was a bit low?

Nice kit, be better when we can get our hands on it!

Looking at the wingless one at Cov yesterday, they are so tiny!!

Neil

They only seem to want to sell then via auction on ebay at the moment, which contradicts what the guy touting the range at Telford told me!

He said they would be sold through him at approx 25 euros, which I thought was a bit low?

Neil

EBAY is not the only option, look at the website "where to buy" page : http://aeropoxy.wordpress.com/where-to-buy/

Regarding price , there is no officially published that Gnat will be 25 EUR. Estimated price published at website was 30-35 EUR.

RGDS

EBAY is not the only option, look at the website "where to buy" page : http://aeropoxy.wordpress.com/where-to-buy/

Regarding price , there is no officially published that Gnat will be 25 EUR. Estimated price published at website was 30-35 EUR.

RGDS

One of your outlets is charging 44.95 euros, thats a bit of a mark up from 35euros. The other outlet via a buy it now at 36euros uses an auction site that we may not want to register with and uses Moneybrokers which is again another account to set up! Why not just sell direct?

Neil

Why cant these guys ever get it right?

My vacform was stalled by the need to make the small wrap over window behind the cockpit as found on the original and RAF machines. The Finish and Indian machines didn't have the window. It looks like Aeropoxy have copied an export one and missed the window out as well. Admittedly there is more plastic in the resin one for strength but I might as well carry on with the vacform if I've to modify it anyway.

Colin

One of your outlets is charging 44.95 euros, thats a bit of a mark up from 35euros. The other outlet via a buy it now at 36euros uses an auction site that we may not want to register with and uses Moneybrokers which is again another account to set up! Why not just sell direct?

Neil

Aviation Megastore outlet price (44.95 euros) are from april 2010, a bit of old news, just a price prediction when the work on this kit is announced.

Text taken from AEROPOXY site:"Direct order from us, AEROPOXY Model Aviation at : [email protected]"

Why cant these guys ever get it right?

My vacform was stalled by the need to make the small wrap over window behind the cockpit as found on the original and RAF machines. The Finish and Indian machines didn't have the window. It looks like Aeropoxy have copied an export one and missed the window out as well. Admittedly there is more plastic in the resin one for strength but I might as well carry on with the vacform if I've to modify it anyway.

Colin

Yes, the export one is the main airframe given by this kit, lot more Gnats were produced without these windows, like Finnish, Yugoslav , Indian and even British, like XN326 . Opening and shaping two small windows should not be a problem for even a medium skilled modeler.

AFAIK, RAF never officially have the Gnat in its inventory, all the F.MK Is belongs to Ministry of supply.

Happy modelling,

Edited by Supercuber

• 6 months later...