The most beautiful Spitfire!

Very nice. I do like to see Spitfires in "foreign" service.

As for recommending a 1/72 MkI I have been building the most recent Airfix kit and am very pleased with it. No doubt some will tell you that the panel lines are too heavy. It's a matter of taste, but it's a fair point. If the panel lines on the Airfix kit bother you then the Tamiya kit has a good reputation but the price (in the UK) is considerably more.

Thats not 72nd Vitor! You've built some super large paint cans! :whistle:

Very very nice Spit. I love the blue. Love it. :thumbsup:

Stunning!!

Got quite a wake up when your pic with the pain pot came up, its the daft scale!!!!

Brilliant mate!

Si.

Ditto the Stunning! I'm not a Spitfire fan but I do like this one, just that little bit different.

Si, shame on you, this is the best scale ever!

Indeed very beautiful with the Portuguese markings ! And very beautiful build also i like very much the weathering.

As for the Mk.i i totally agree with davidelvy.The new airfix spit is superb quality.Very nice cockpit detail also i like that airfix gives that "flat" effect to the tyres to simulate the weight of the aircraft.And of course the value for money of this kit is superb.

There is only one issue for me that both kits have.They don't give an option for open canopy.

Hello friends

Thank you all for your nice words.

Very nice!

I do like your Portuguese stuff as you really dont see Portuguese aircraft modelled that much.

Julien

Hi Julien,

Thank you, you are going to see more Portuguese aircrafts built by me, at least i will build two more, the Hurricane and one F-86 with the grey/blue color scheme.

Very cool looking spit victor, and I too dig those portuguese markings. I wonder why? hahaha

V/R

Rod

Hi Rod

Thank you, they are truly beautiful aren't it??? I love these portuguese marks... used in the caravels 500 year ago in the sea and now in the air!

Best regards

Stunning!!

Got quite a wake up when your pic with the pain pot came up, its the daft scale!!!!

Brilliant mate!

Si.

Hi Dr.

Thank you, yep 1/72, not my scale but i need to build it... so for the price i sell them i think they are very good! I will build some 1/72 kits for my self because there is no 1/48 kits...

Regards

Lovely job Vitor! :clap2:

Hi Cheeley

Thank you

Regards

That's great Vitor.

Gary...

Hi Gary

Thank you

Regards

Very nice job, Vitor! I absolutely love the markings. May I ask what decal sheet they are from? Or were they home made?

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you, these decals are the worst decals you can use! They are from Carpena! You will need a torch to make them soft... i dont know why or how... but they are so bad... well they are the only with the correct size... so i must use it, other wise i would never ever again touch in carpena decals, i lost hours to put 6 decals... can you believe it?????. (i know that someone is not going to be happy reading this... but this is the true!!!! sorry!)

Regards

Very nice Spit! And very nice and looks realistic finishing. Do you have any WIP picture? If this is not a secet? ;)

Hi Tinleeds

Thank you, i dont "waist" much time in pictures, i need time to work!!! but i can show some of the WIP.

the painting process...

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

the painting is over...

IMG_3494.jpg

now the weathering...

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

and waiting for the matt coat...

IMG_3503.jpg

find Wally!!! :-)

IMG_3504.jpg

its what i got... this remember me that i didnt take any pic to the Hurricane yet...

Regards

That is soooo nice :wub:

Hi Jenko

Thank you

Regards

A beauty Vitor, as usual from you

Andy

Hi Andy, im glad you like it, thank you ;-)

Regards

Very nice. I do like to see Spitfires in "foreign" service.

As for recommending a 1/72 MkI I have been building the most recent Airfix kit and am very pleased with it. No doubt some will tell you that the panel lines are too heavy. It's a matter of taste, but it's a fair point. If the panel lines on the Airfix kit bother you then the Tamiya kit has a good reputation but the price (in the UK) is considerably more.

Hi Davidlvy, thank you, and thank you! I will build the Tamiya kit, i thought that it would be a new and better kit, but for as i know the Tamiya kit is one (or the best!) of the best, so i will build it, at least i know the weak points of it.

Once more thank you for your help

Regards

Thats not 72nd Vitor! You've built some super large paint cans! :whistle:

Very very nice Spit. I love the blue. Love it. :thumbsup:

Hi Rob, thank you! yep... your right you find the true... i build the large paint cans!!!!!! Im glad you like it Rob, ;-)

Regards

Ditto the Stunning! I'm not a Spitfire fan but I do like this one, just that little bit different.

Si, shame on you, this is the best scale ever!

Hi Duncan

Thank you, i think that Si like it a bit... after all he liked the Spit.

Regards

Either you have very, very large paint bottles, or you have build an exceptional model.

I vote for the last.

Hi Billy, thank you, im glad you like it! the paint bottles are large... near the 1/72 Spit... when they are near the Transall for instance they arent so big!

Regards

Another great built as usual.

I'm a fan of Vitor´s weathering.

Olá Luís, muito obrigado... epá... Fan?? assim fico corado pá! De qualquer das formas fico muito satisfeito por saber que alguém é um "seguidor" do meu trabalho. Muito obrigado.

Hi Luís, thank you, Fan? im very glad that you like my work, Thank you again.

Hello,

I had the privilege of seeing it live, and also i saw the construction and for the size of the kit (1/72 scale), it's an outstanding job.

Best regards my friend,

Pedro Matos

Está fabuloso! onde é que eu já ouvi isto?

Olha quem está aqui!! Obrigado. Pois para ti não é uma novidade, mas obrigado pelos comentários!

Grande abraço

Look who is here!! Pedro Matos!!! I know Pedro for 15 years now... he was (still is) a kid and one of my best friends (ther are 3), beside that we live 300 mts away from each other!

(is the best portuguese modeler i know, you must ask him to show us his kits). Very happy to see you here my friend!

Best regards.

Indeed very beautiful with the Portuguese markings ! And very beautiful build also i like very much the weathering.

As for the Mk.i i totally agree with davidelvy.The new airfix spit is superb quality.Very nice cockpit detail also i like that airfix gives that "flat" effect to the tyres to simulate the weight of the aircraft.And of course the value for money of this kit is superb.

There is only one issue for me that both kits have.They don't give an option for open canopy.

Hi Jim

Thank you, about the Spit, since my costumer already have one, i think he will not buy the other one, he ask my opinion so if there is no significant differences... i will build the Tamiya one.

Regards