1/350 Akula

SimonT

Hello everyone.

I've always wanted an Akula and Typhoon and I happened to come across the Bronco one today, by chance, whilst browsing the interweb. I see hannants do them but is there anywhere else too? Is the kit any good for that matter? Any opinions and comments welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Edited by SimonT

The Bronco Akula is new out and I haven't seen any reviews of it yet. Dragon and Alanger did the Typhoon but they are no longer in production and are quite difficult to get hold of, although they occasionally turn up on Fleabay.

Interesting, thank you.

I think I'll bite the bullet and acquire a Bronco Akula. I shall keep a keen eye out for the Typhoon so thanks for the heads up.

I'll have a look for Airfix's Trafalgar class too, the ones I've seen here look really good.

Thanks again.

Simon

I was lookin on flea-bay 3 weeks ago & the Alanger 1/350 Typhoon came up. For sale from a guy in Canada, the price started at abot CND$20.00, so i added it to my watch list & waited to see if it stayed at a sensible price.

It went for CND$93.00!!!!! Plus CND30.00 shipping.

Needless to say, it didn`t come to my house.......

EDIT: just looked on there again & there`s 2. one down under for £75.00 inc postage & one in Canada (again?!! they got a stash or summink?!?!?) for £40.00 so far but with a while to go..

What >IS< it with these things anyways?!?! Are they THAT good?!?!?

Edited by prowler0000