Czech Azur & MPM models

Dave C

Good afternoon, a first posting from a new member.

I'm slowly getting back into the hobby aafter a number of years absence.

I'd like to purchase the following Czech made 1:72 aircraft models.

MPM Fairey Albacore

MPM Northrop N-3PB

Azur Vickers Wilderbeest

All three appear to be unavailable from Hannants, either out of production or discontinued. I've got the Azur Wilderbeest on a Hannants back order, but the two MPM odels aren't bon the MPM web site either.

Can anyone offer any alternative suggestions?

I found a 2nd hand Northrop on FleeBay, but the vendor wanted silly money for postage

I wish you luck but all MPM kits are short-run, and if you don't buy them when they appear they do not stay on the shelves for long. Not much consolation for a newcomer such as yourself, I know, but one of those lessons that have to be learned sometime. However, there are a number of other British websites selling models, so consult the appropriate sections of this website and look around, you might be lucky. You need not be restricted to British websites, try US or even Australian sites.

The Vildebeeste is new, and will appear in other variants reasonably soon. The other two are older, the Albacore is one of those subjects that is rarely unavailable from someone, so it may reappear before too long. I don't think the same is quite so likely for the N-3PB, unfortunately.

You might also want to try eBay if you strike out here. While it's not as cheap as it used to be, it's still a good source for getting old kits. Have a squint round kingkit too, as they have an alladins cave of kits which you can search from their website :)

If I've not said it already, :welcome: to the forums ^_^

You should have said something earlier! We at MJW models are good at kits like MPM - we can get anything available from Hannants but for less money.

We already got one of our local customers the Vildebeest kit. For what it's worth the Vildebeest is in the 'catalogue' part of the website which means it is available to re-order. When Hannants say 'Limited Availability' it means they can't restock and they are the last ones they have.

As for the Albacore, it's down as a Special Hobby future release (along with the Battle), which means it will show up sometime soon. We of course we will be stocking the Albacore when it comes out, for less than Hannants. Check out the link at the bottom of the post for more details of our stock and back order service.

thanks

Mike

Many thanks chaps for your responses, will heed your advice; by the way Martin what did you mean by `You've got PM'

Dave

It means I have sent you a private message ...

You should be able to access it under 'New Message' on the upper right of every page here, unless your PM box is full.

Nevermind, I can tell it here too:

I have both the Albacore and the Northrop to sell.

The Vildebeest they have at the local hobby shop, I can get it for you if you are interested and send you all three kits.

I am In Austria tho, the postage would be around €14 therefore ...

Martin

Edited by occa

It would be worth an email to MPM as I was in their warehouse on Wednesday and all three of those kits were in stock....sometimes UK importers say things are out of production at MPM when I know for a fact that MPM are still producing them.

Cheers

Col'

If you can't find an eastern european kit in Britain, try to look at on-line shops in the czech republic or poland: most of them have websites in english too and they might have what you can't find here. Being all these countries in the EU means you don't have to pay custom duties on them and the postage is not too high. Modelimex is probably the best known.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for diverting the topic slightly but I've just 'won' (in other words paid through the nose for) an MPM Albacore on Ebay. Unfortunately the canopy is in at least 2 pieces, but is still inside the sealed bag.

I've contacted the seller but that ain't gonna get it fixed and it's beyond me to repair it or mould another. I wondered if anyone knew what MPM are like with spare parts supply?

You should have said something earlier! We at MJW models are good at kits like MPM - we can get anything available from Hannants but for less money.

We already got one of our local customers the Vildebeest kit. For what it's worth the Vildebeest is in the 'catalogue' part of the website which means it is available to re-order. When Hannants say 'Limited Availability' it means they can't restock and they are the last ones they have.

As for the Albacore, it's down as a Special Hobby future release (along with the Battle), which means it will show up sometime soon. We of course we will be stocking the Albacore when it comes out, for less than Hannants. Check out the link at the bottom of the post for more details of our stock and back order service.

thanks

Mike

The Albacore has been listed as a future release for several years now. They don't even list a price for it, just TBA. If and when Hannants posts a price, then you will know that it will be out in a reasonable period of time. Unfortunately Hannants lists items as future releases forever, even if the company has dropped any plans to release the kit. The Minicraft PBM Mariner is a good case in point. Minicraft dropped it from their website about 2+ years ago, but Hannants still lists it. Ain't gonna happen.

Later,

Dave