Italeri 1/48 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I

Dr Lurrrrve

Am eagerly anticipating the release of Italeri's Hurricane hoping that it is going to raise the bar on Hasegawa's good but difficult to find Mk.I

Wondered whether anyone had heard any news on when it is expected to be released here in the UK?

Thanks guys

Rob

Is this a new mold model? either way think im going to end up with one seeing Hurris are the best plane ever :P

New-tool from top to bottom, 6 marking options, and while 30-quid retail seems a little steep I'm thinking I'll have one, after I see some reviews, Italeri can be pretty hit-and-miss lately, for the money it'll have to be pretty damned good, or easily improved, before I give up the Hase Hurricanes in my stash.

Of course Hasegawa Hurricanes are hard to come by at the moment, and given that the last re-pop of the Typhoon I bought from Hannants was more than 30 quid anyway this new one should sell well, the only other readily available 1/48th Hurri Mk.I is the Airfix kit, and I'm definitely getting too old to tackle that kind of thing!

New-tool from top to bottom, 6 marking options, and while 30-quid retail seems a little steep I'm thinking I'll have one, after I see some reviews, Italeri can be pretty hit-and-miss lately, for the money it'll have to be pretty damned good, or easily improved, before I give up the Hase Hurricanes in my stash.

Of course Hasegawa Hurricanes are hard to come by at the moment, and given that the last re-pop of the Typhoon I bought from Hannants was more than 30 quid anyway this new one should sell well, the only other readily available 1/48th Hurri Mk.I is the Airfix kit, and I'm definitely getting too old to tackle that kind of thing!

Hmm, as a Hurricane buff I wait with bated breath.

The mould looked good, but the please don't let it look like the one on the box art!!! They should sack the artist!

27051.jpg

Looks like they changed the markings on the box as well while working up, as this is on another site

101760-b.jpg

pics of the moulds are up here

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=...le&sid=9528

I don't like the look of the rivets/fasteners on the outer wing panels. Not a correct detail. Look at image 5 in the Aeroscale review to see what I mean. I'll not pass judgment until I get to see one properly.

Does have some interesting marking options though.

I'll wait and see one this one, but with great interest.

cheers

T

I don't like the look of the rivets/fasteners on the outer wing panels.

Rivets? Schmivets!

If they aren't meant to be there then at least I won't have to count them!

Be a couple of weeks before my local MZ gets 'em I reckon, plenty of time for those that have to be first on the block with new toys to do some sprue-shots and maybe a review... I'll make my mind up then.

Hannants do indeed have it in stock but don't appear to have many in, so it will sell out pretty quick. If anyone can be patient, we (MJW Models) can add it to our next order from our Italeri supplier and it will be a few pounds less than RRP! If anyone is interested in saving some £'s and ordering it from us please send me a PM. I'll work out a price for it and post in our sub forum, so watch out for that!

thanks

Mike