Wings of Silver Part 1

Barrovian

Just received Wings of Silver Part 1 1/48. The instruction sheet and decal sheet fir the Hawker Fury Mk II K7270 25 Squadron differ, the decal sheet has an open panels on the upper black panel on 26L and 26R, which is correct?

Just received Wings of Silver Part 1 1/48. The instruction sheet and decal sheet fir the Hawker Fury Mk II K7270 25 Squadron differ, the decal sheet has an open panels on the upper black panel on 26L and 26R, which is correct?

I hve part two, but looking at the sheet on Hannants' site, it looks to me as if there has been a printing error on the decal. I would say that it should be solid black, not outline only. Try dropping them an email? Fairly easy fix with some black felt tip (permanent!) on the decal itself or a piece of black decal film.

Hi Barrovian

The triangle should be solid Black as the other on the sheet. The decals printers PC must have found a gap in my original shape and thus the pc took the easy path and only followed the outline once the printing plates were made.

I've been asked this before, just fill the gap with Black paint.

Jon

Hi Barrovian

The triangle should be solid Black as the other on the sheet. The decals printers PC must have found a gap in my original shape and thus the pc took the easy path and only followed the outline once the printing plates were made.

Jon

Congrats on the sheets, Jon. I'm working my way through sheet two at the mo (see the Gauntlet post below). The instructions seem to have got a bit confused as well -I had no Gauntlets on mine but a Bulldog and a Brisfit from sheet two.....

Any more sheets for this period on the stocks?

"Congrats on the sheets, Jon. I'm working my way through sheet two at the mo (see the Gauntlet post below). The instructions seem to have got a bit confused as well -I had no Gauntlets on mine but a Bulldog and a Brisfit from sheet two....."

Hi Rowan...

The instructions are fine on my Mac, all are in order!

I think the printers mucked up the 'Four Up' plates on that one! :shithappens:

"Any more sheets for this period on the stocks?"

No more for WOS but there is a follow up book now at the layout stage loosly titled "Silver Wings over Water" (single seat FAA aircraft of the same period) so probably 3 decal sheets will be released in conjunction with that book closer to publishing time.

Now then...you thought the RAF book is interesting and colourful, just wait till you see the FAA book...wow! :gobsmacked:

Regards

Jon

Hi Barrovian

Jon

Thanks for the info, I thought I had better check as flights and squadrons had some bizarre ways of identifying people and their aircraft.

Fantastic decal sheet by the way

More silver wing Gladiators though :closedeyes: and bulldogs :analintruder:

please!!

No more for WOS but there is a follow up book now at the layout stage loosly titled "Silver Wings over Water" (single seat FAA aircraft of the same period) so probably 3 decal sheets will be released in conjunction with that book closer to publishing time.

Now then...you thought the RAF book is interesting and colourful, just wait till you see the FAA book...wow!

Ooh ooh, this could really help out with a 48th Hawker Nimrod conversion I have planned :thumbsup:

Might have to do it a few times if there's gonna be three sheets coming though...

"Congrats on the sheets, Jon. I'm working my way through sheet two at the mo (see the Gauntlet post below). The instructions seem to have got a bit confused as well -I had no Gauntlets on mine but a Bulldog and a Brisfit from sheet two....."

Hi Rowan...

The instructions are fine on my Mac, all are in order!

I think the printers mucked up the 'Four Up' plates on that one! :shithappens:

"Any more sheets for this period on the stocks?"

Now then...you thought the RAF book is interesting and colourful, just wait till you see the FAA book...wow! :gobsmacked:

Regards

Jon

Great news; Flycatchers, Nimrods, Ospreys and Sea Galdiators! looking forward to that lot.

Hi Barrovian

Jon

That is one scary avatar mate

If you concentrate on one face- it sort of gets bigger and pops out at you- not afternoon tea on the lawn at all old chap