What are my options?

Radleigh

I'm building a 24th scale Me-109 (linky) and im thinking about doing this style base, but would like to use the truck in the picture below.. Am I thinking I have some sort of hope or is there nothing out there like it?

30jrwjr.jpg

Thanks inadvance! Radleigh...

Edited by Radleigh

Hi Radleigh

Not too many options for you juding from the lack of responses. I'm not sure what the truck is, looks like it has a cab-over-engine or short bonnet and an extended flat-bed for the Me-109. Any idea where or when the photo was taken?

You could try Kit Form Services, they may have a 1:24 transkit of the right era but won't have the same cab configuration.

Otherwise your best bet is Revell, they did produce some 1:24 scale early post war German lorries a few years ago that may be suitable for conversion e.g. Bussing 8000

You could also ask on Truck Model World forum where they may be able to help further.

Cheers

Chris

The two servicemen sitting on the back of the flat bed are wearing New Zealand 'lemon squeezer' slouch hats with battledress trousers and gaiters. Perhaps this photo was taken in the Mediterranean theatre?

Mike

To me it looks like a british lorry (ie the bf109 crashed on a mission over England)?

Emhar did a couple of Bedford OL based kits, not as big as the lorry in the picture but a Bf109 doesn't really weigh that much compared to most cargo.

Talking of these Emhar Bedfords, other than the different bonnet, does anyone know if there are any other differences, as I've fancied converting one to a wartime GS truck.

Regards Rad.

Not sure if this helps and it's difficult to tell from the wings and the missing canopy, but.......

The 109 looks like it could be Fw. Herbert Bischoff's Bf109E-1 'White 9' of 1./JG52 which crash landed at Westgate-on-Sea on 24th August 1940.

Steve