'Tis my delight, on a Tuesday night...

ursa_major

After being thoroughly entertained for 30 minutes by 2 Tornadoes at grass-cutting level and assorted bangs and flashes yesterday lunchtime, I decided to go for a bimble around the fenceline last night to try a few night shots of the jets as the weather was playing ball. the aircraft are in for a couple of days for the annual Air Combat Power Visit - where the RAF showcase their capabilities and give an overview of the capabilities and uses of air power to visiting military students. The event attracts a variety of aircraft and is generally representative of the RAF's fleet with one example of most types on static display.

Here are a few shots from last night's outing. I'll post up some shots of the role demo later once today's has happened, as I split my shooting across 2 days.

The Hawks didn't turn out as well as I'd have liked due to their parking slot - I had to shoot diagonally across the dispersal and the lighting wasn't as strong on them from that angle.

lb-hawk.jpg

E-3D undergoing maintenance, uncropped shot, colour cast removed.

97-1.jpg

There are 3 Tornadoes in, one wears a special scheme, let's park it in the middle of the 3 so it's really difficult to get an uncluttered shot through the fence :( Uncropped shot, colour cast removed.

98-1.jpg

E-3D pic cropped from the original and without the colour cast from the lightstands removed.

e3d-sq.jpg

G.

• 2 weeks later...