Sci Fi Galley and Poll Competition.

Mark M

Please choose your favourite completed model of the GB from those added to the Galley.  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one from...

• Doug Roger's Maschinen Krieger 'Polar Bear' A.F.S. 1/20th
    • Folkbox1's Y-Wing Starfighter
    • MadNurseGaz's Angel Interceptor
    • mrvr6's TSR2MS Stratos 4
    • wkennerley's Revell Kazon Fighter
    • Madmonk's Seaquest DSV Stinger
    • Tinners Millenium Falcon
    • It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong's Angel Interceptor
    • Neal's Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder
    • cjhm's X-Wing Starfighter
    • Kallisti's Babylon 5 Starfury
    • FrancieT's Odo & Quark (counts as one entry)
    • Jasonb13's Battlestar Galactica
    • Velociweiler's Aries 1B 2001 Clipper New Zealand
    • It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong's Iron Man

I'd say it's around normal, maybe a little low but only a little? There was around 50 votes for the Pacific GB, and you could argue that would be a much more popular GB ( what with it including Aircraft & Armour, not just Sci-Fi )?

J.

To be honest, I'm stunned I'm even in with a shout. I've never received a single vote in any of the GBs I've entered ( and I never really expected to ) so to even get votes for this one is a great compliment, esepcially with so many excellent builds.

J.

...aaaand the winner is....

Jasonb13 with his Battlestar Galactica.

Second is Tinners with the Millenium Falcon and a justified third place to Neal with his Snowspeeder.

Close call all the way but Jason deserves the prize for keeping his sanity for a record number of decals applied to one kit.

PM on the way Jason - This is Velociweiler Actual - Grab your gun and bring the cat in. :mg:

Second prize to Tinners is Smiffy's generous donation of the resincast Buck Roger's Starfighter, third prize to Neal will be the resincast Space Marine donated by It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong. I'd appreciate it if winners and givers will get in touch with each other and swap addresses etc.

Poll now closed - at time of writing with 45 votes. Thanks for all the work and the enthusiasm and for all who participated in the GB and the Voting.

Best Regards all.

Wow. Thanks! But unless I'm missing something, it's a tie, right?

J.

Hello Jason - I was pressed for time earlier so I didn't close the poll at the time I announced. At the time of writing when I announced earlier, there were 45 votes, with your model one vote out in front. The three subsequent votes can't count - I'd already made it clear in writing the contest was over. I had posted earlier in the week I'd close the contest around midday sunday so hopefully I've not put anyone's nose out of joint.

Well, I've no problem sharing first, thereby removing any possible contention?

Personally I voted for Tinners' stunning Falcon, but really it was one of many kits that I think all would be worthy winners. The time, effort and amazing work put into the Snowspeeder and Starfury ( to name just two others ) was inspiring, and I honestly believe that they are all better builds than mine. The skills needed to complete those kits far ecilpse me doing a few decals!

So what do you reckon Velociweiler? Not to put you on the spot, but as the host I'll leave it in your hands, joint first? What might help your decision, from a more practical aspect, is that I live in Ireland, so you could save yourself a lot of postage by sending the Sub to Tinners! :rofl: Either way, I'm stunned to have my model do well in such good company.

As Madmonk said, thanks to everyone for a great GB, and for the two hosts for putting it all together ( and Mish as well! ). It was really enjoyable and great to see something other than aircraft, which is what I normally surround myself with!

J.

Well done to Jason & Tinners, brilliant modelling. All GB entries have been completed to an amazing standard and its a bit embarrassing to finish anywhere near the top. Thanks to all the chaps for the prizes and for running the GB so well.

Ditto - well done to everyone who entered and to those for hosting - was great to follow this GB, even if it was from the sidelines!

Congrats to Tinners and Jason too; I'm in the same club in Ireland as Jason and seeing the Galactica up close with all those decals is mighty impressive.

All the best,

Dermot

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say thanks once again to Velociweiller, as I received the Seaview in the post today. It's a bloody massive model, and I know it cost him a fair bit to post it over to me, his generosity is very much appreciated! It'll take me a while to get to it, but it will be built at some stage ( it should be this year ) and I'll post the build up here.

J.