1/32 Tornado F.3 ZE791 25th Anniversary markings

jacksdad

how did the masks line up on the fin mate?

did the yellows meet?

does look the dogs wedding tackle!!!

The port side is about 1-2mm to tall, but this has now been adjusted by Ian for future masks. The top of the 5 is where it should be but the bottom of the yellow is just over the bottom of the rudder when it should be just above.

I didn't quite get the yellows to match up unfortunately.

I take it they did on the real thing? I think it would take a fair bit of tweeking to get them that way as the starboard looks to be where it should and if the port is reduced vertically to bring the yellow up it would further increase the difference.

PM me your email and I will try and send you a pic to show you what I mean.

Glad you like it so far.

Steve

Edit: the more I think about it that yellow thing is going to annoy me. :(

Edited by jacksdad64

I know its not much but I finished off the u/c today along with the u/c doors.

I'm feeling a bit better about the tail markings today.

Just need to finish off the wing seals and a few bits of touch up and I can get it sealed with future.

I'll post some pictures in the next day or so of the progress and that will be the last until it goes to RFI.

Steve

Well its Ian at AdAstra to the rescue.

I have just heard from him that is doing the word 'YEARS' as a decal which I should have next week.

He is also sending the adjusted port mask which I will re-do and attempt to have the yellow meeting.

Well that's the plan.

Steve

Steve,

Coming along very nicely. I did my last F3 see off on this jet on it's last flight and have just recieved the decals for my eventual 1/48th build, so your build is inspiring and nostalgic.

• 1 month later...

Well its been a while since my last update.

Replacement masks and the new 'YEARS' decals arrived yesterday so I got some work done earlier today.

Port fin side masked off.

100_1816.jpg

With the paint sanded down s on with a coat of black.

100_1817.jpg

Here is the colours on prior to the white getting done.

100_1826.jpg

White has been done and I'm just letting it rest before I take off the rest of the masks before I seal it with Klear and get the decals on.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

:angrysoapbox.sml::jump_fire: Effing Tamiya Clear....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the model club Model of the Year comp tonight and I've been putting the finishing touches to this to enter.

I just had the 'YEARS' decal to put on the fin (and a wee bit more weathering) In preperation I put Tamiya clear onto the 'Tamiya' painted fin and it's gone milky white in some parts. AAAAAaaaaaaaaarrgh!!! I really just want to smash it to bits I am that annoyed.

I am going to leave it for a wee while and do some work on my FW190. If the Gods are smiling it will clear up. If not......... :raincloud:

Steve

Heart attack over. The Tamiya Clear has now cleared up. No idea why it did that. It did the same when I glossed the spine and canopy frame.

Anyhoo, I am calling it done now as I'm just poking away at it and I'm bound to do something wrong, so its time to step away from the plastic.

I will post pictures tomorrow in RFI as well as pictures from tonights competition as its always full of great stuff.

Thanks for your patience and comments and I hope when you see it tomorrow you like it.

Now, Ian, when are those sets going to be available? :) :)

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I've not been on the forums for a few months and so I've just been catching up with a few threads and I have to say the progress you have made with this is absolutely amazing! This is going to be a stunning model when it finished! B)