Harrier GR.7 Questions

scott_t

Hi All,

Been on the forums observing for a while and finally have something to post about and had a couple of questions

that if you all may be able to help me out on I would certainly appreciate it.

I just picked up the Trumpy Harrier GR.7 from Squadron for 1/2 off the normal price and the Zotz decals so I can

do ZD437 'Michelle'.

If I wanted to add one of the Aires cockpit sets, which one would get me closest to a GR.7 configuration ? The AV-8B or

the Night Attack AV-8B ?

Any idea on what seat would get me close to the correct one for the GR.7 ? It's a MB Mk 12H from what I have found but

apparently none produced in 1/32 ...... is there another jet that has a similar one that would be a decent starting point

for modification ?

Of course, if Aires were to produce a cockpit at some point .............

Thanks !

Scott

RAF Lakenheath '82-'84

RAF Upper Heyford '89-'93

1) Night Attack

2) A 12H is a bit like a Mk.10 (of which I believe there are a number in the market, due to its use in the Tornado & Hawk), but would require a fair bit of tweaking to really represent a Mk.12. As you no doubt know, there's a fair bit of info and some excellent pictures on Martin-Baker's web site. Principal differences that spring to mind are the pop out air data sensors on the side of the parachute box and the angling of the PEC connector on the left of the seat pan. Also, the parachute box cover is a little different as are the shape of the canopy breakers. However the basic seat structure and dimensions are pretty similar (I seem to recall reading somewhere that the 12 was conceived as a potential upgrade to the 10).

Hope this helps.

Kirk

PS/ Enjoy "doing" Michelle!! :yikes:

Rumor has it they're going to be releasing a GR.7 pit, there is a couple of mighty fine builds by Piero in the group builds... Gotta love Michelle!

I have been in touch with Aires. Although they said they were doing a GR7 pit at the moment it isn't started and they could not give me a date