Two Cats from Desert Shield / Desert Storm

Just finished these two F-14's for the ARC Desert Storm GB.

They are Hasegawa 1/72 F-14A Tomcats, with the new Aries cockpit replacements & Fine Molds nose pitot added.

First up is the VF-154 from Desert Shield

HS_F14A_008_004.jpg

HS_F14A_008_005.jpg

HS_F14A_008_006.jpg

HS_F14A_008_007.jpg

HS_F14A_008_008.jpg

HS_F14A_008_009.jpg

HS_F14A_008_010.jpg

HS_F14A_008_011.jpg

HS_F14A_008_012.jpg

HS_F14A_008_013.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen
  • Like 21

TOMCAT FANATIC ON THE LOOSE!!!!

Great builds Andy, they look good, I like the weathering. I swear man, you are a machine!! How many cats total now???

Jack aka BUGFAN

How do you like the Aires pits, Andy?

Gene K

The detail in the Aires Pit is amazing, however fitting is the big stumbling block.

You need to sand the tub and kit parts, to get them to fit, and even then I still managed to fubar these builds, by not including the canopies in the test fit stage. If I lower the canopy, you will get approx 0.5mm of sill protruding from under the canopy on either side.

I have two more Aires F-14A pits in the resin stash, but with about 20-30 A's in the Kit stash, costwise I won't be getting anymore.

Overall very nice detail, but as said the fitting is a pain. If you are only going to do the one kit, then I would think it well worth it.

[edit] Just one of other thing to mention - packaging. The horn shaped plate behind the RIO. Of the 4 pits I recieved, all of the horns had been knocked off, two of which cannot be located.[/edit]

• 11 years later...