Vintage Wings of Canada 2011 Airshow

Notdoneyet

We made the trip up from Montreal to Gatineau Executive Airport (just outside Ottawa) for the Wings Over Gatineau show on Saturday. The show is hosted by Vintage Wings of Canada a non profit organisation dedicated to the preservation of vintage aircraft - the show is the Canadian equivalent of Duxford's Flying Legends I guess. This year this fabulous show took place in perfect weather.

On entering the show there was a lovely array of aircraft in the colours of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan - this wonderful Fleet Finch being one

IMG_2460.jpg

There were some interesting exhibits on (not so) static display including this Canadair CL-215 Water Bomber

IMG_2476.jpg

The Discovery Air "Golden Hawk" Sabre (more of her later .....)

IMG_2849.jpg

The flying display started with a couple of sedate participants, firstly the VWoC Lysander

IMG_2492.jpg

and then the VWoC Swordfish

IMG_2494.jpg

VWoc Hurricane

IMG_2516.jpg

VWoc P-40N Kittyhawk

IMG_2549.jpg

Rick Volker gave an impressive display in his Sukhoi Su-26

IMG_2558.jpg

The "Golden Hawk" Sabre

IMG_2563.jpg

"Look no hands"

IMG_2571.jpg

Joined by the VWoc Spitfire LFXVI

IMG_2576.jpg

Spitfire LFXVI solo

IMG_2595.jpg

Yak 52T and Nanchang CJ-6 display

IMG_2607.jpg

VWoc P-51D

IMG_2616.jpg

Pitts S-2B

IMG_2650.jpg

Two thirds of the Canadian Harvard Display Team

IMG_2664.jpg

A-26 Invader

IMG_2678.jpg

The first of two T-28 Trojans

IMG_2681.jpg

and the second

IMG_2684.jpg

The VWoc F4U Corsair

IMG_2709.jpg

"Victory Flight" - Lancaster, Mustang, Kittyhawk, Spitfire LFXVI and Hurricane

IMG_2717.jpg

Lancaster solo

IMG_2726.jpg

To close the show ........... The Snowbirds

IMG_2811.jpg

Mirror pair

IMG_2780.jpg

Montreal drivers :rolleyes:

IMG_2768.jpg

Now why is it at every airshow you get the "perfect shot" framed and just as you press the shutter some bozo comes along and gets in the shot :winkgrin:

IMG_2804.jpg

After the show "officially" ended this CF-18 decided to gatecrash with a few missed approaches before landing

IMG_2836.jpg

My thanks to all at VWoC who worked to make this show possible and so very enjoyable.

Thanks for looking and for any comments you wish to make.

Ian

Fantastic pics those Ian, thanks for sharing them. Vintage Wings of Canada really do restore their aircraft in nice authentic colour schemes don`t they, I love the Mustang, Kittyhawk and Corsair in particular but they are all nice, although I`d have left the Lysander in Target Tug colours and ever since it was at Duxford the Hurricane Mk.IV has always looked daft with Mk.IIc cannons fitted and the desert era Mk.IIb colour scheme! The Warbird scene in Canada is certainly live and kicking and I love it how you Canadians always paint restored aircraft in Canadian markings.....although the Invader probaly took things a tad too far!

Cheers

Tony O