Compressor

baldrick

Hi Guys, I`ve been using a Badger diaphragm compressor for over 20 years, you know the one "phut phut phut" . Although this has given good service I would like to move on to a tank compressor for smoooth air flow. Has anybody used the Ripmax compessor with air tank and how noisy is it, can`t drown out Eastenders dont ya know. :unsure:

• 1 month later...
I've got one too, Great bit of kit and if it dose get noisy after a few years , it's just the font barring and only costs a fiver to replace.

Thanks for the advice guys, gave my Badger a rebuild and its working ok now.

Will order a Ripmax when "Models in motion" have them back in stock...

Cheers Dave

Are any of them truely silent?

Silair 15A... I forget it's on sometimes, until the receiver fills & it trips the overflow & turns off the motor. I'd say it was less intrusive than a PC... but when you have the extractor going on the spray booth, it all pales into insignificance anyway :shrug:

I have the ripmax/holdings (it used to be called) It was ok but far from silent - I'd keep looking on ebay for a nice silent one they always come up and go for about £50 I got my SimAir silent off there for around £40!!!

Paul

Which SimAir model would that be or are they all 'silent'?

Andy

The true silent ones have oil - and look like Fridge compressors!

This is quite ££ but nice - and silent!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIR-COMPRESSOR-SILEN...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by PaulH

The true silent ones have oil - and look like Fridge compressors!

Usually because they are! The ones in boxes are much nicer to look at, but it's not a fashion parade. At £40, I'd have had one too! Are SimAir & SilAir the same? I have a sneaking suspicion that they're the same units with different labelling, IIRC from last time I was trawling through compressors.

Have you considered a CO2 setup? I love mine, and it is the only true silent solution. And I love the fact that I can take it everywhere, like the bathroom or outside, without thinking about cables and grounding.

The downside is that it needs to be refilled, but depending on how much you use it, and how big the container is, it will not be more than a couple of times a year.

B&Q £35

Image6.jpg

Have been looking at the forum for advice on compressors. What's your opinion on this B&Q one? What airbrush are you running it with? Any views greatly received, as I was thinking about getting an AB18 from everything-airbrush, but this ones even cheaper.

• 2 years later...