L & S 1:1 scale guns

Simon Cornes

Okay I need clarity,

I have at home stashed away from public view, a Desert Eagle BB-rifle of a Heckler & Koch G36, the M41, bought well before 2007 its in the old black format with red nozzle. It definitely for BB bullets as it says its for the 6mm pellets on the side. Obviously laws have changed long gone the days of my child hood where boys from 7-12 ran around the street with black and red pistols and machine guns decked out in either real DPM's or thoose cheap knock off ones you find in a HM Armed Forces Toy set.... Man I miss those days to fighting for control of my and my friends house, I always was a colonel...Anyways I digress.

Now 2007 was 5 years ago and this was bought before then I highly dout we have the recipt or other proof of purchase, but how should I go about informing the authorities, do I need to inform them and if I wish to dispose it would it be a case of crack it over my knee and into the bin?

Okay I need clarity,

I have at home stashed away from public view, a Desert Eagle BB-rifle of a Heckler & Koch G36, the M41, bought well before 2007 its in the old black format with red nozzle. It definitely for BB bullets as it says its for the 6mm pellets on the side. Obviously laws have changed long gone the days of my child hood where boys from 7-12 ran around the street with black and red pistols and machine guns decked out in either real DPM's or thoose cheap knock off ones you find in a HM Armed Forces Toy set.... Man I miss those days to fighting for control of my and my friends house, I always was a colonel...Anyways I digress.

Now 2007 was 5 years ago and this was bought before then I highly dout we have the recipt or other proof of purchase, but how should I go about informing the authorities, do I need to inform them and if I wish to dispose it would it be a case of crack it over my knee and into the bin?

Hi Mate,

It's nothing but a toy at the end of the day,so you might as well leave things as they have lain for the last years or so,especially if it has a red nozzle on the end,which denotes toy to everyone.

I have let my lad keep all of his "BB" weopons and told him to keep them in his shed down the garden,and he has a arsenal of "BB" guns,MP-5,M-16 two different types,M1911 PISTOL,BARRETTA PISTOL,and another assult rifle i can't tell you what though,he also has two decomisioned hand grenades,the way i see it,these items never leave our premises and they have no pellets so they are nobodies buisness but ours,so whats the harm,we ain't useing them for anything illegal,when my sons mates come around they they have an imaginary war in the back garden with them,and thats about it,i preffer water pistols myself.

SMUDGER

So, how does it work if you go abroad, and buy a soft air gun? Or order it from abroad? If it is inside the European Community, they are not allowed to check the packages or search your luggage?

So having laws that contradicts others inside the community seem to be a big waste of time and resources.

So, how does it work if you go abroad, and buy a soft air gun? Or order it from abroad? If it is inside the European Community, they are not allowed to check the packages or search your luggage?

So having laws that contradicts others inside the community seem to be a big waste of time and resources.

having worked at lhr on bagage screening a firearm on the xray machine allways brighted our day :D

how do u know its plastic????????????? ALLWAYS stop and check we caught the german pistol shooting team with guns in luggage instead of in steel locked cases

Do you scan european parcel traffic for plastic toys?

what happens to parcels i dunno i only did passenger but nothing goes on a plane without being checked x ray or hand check EVERYTHING

how do u know its plastic????????????? ALLWAYS stop and check we caught the german pistol shooting team with guns in luggage instead of in steel locked cases

what happens to parcels i dunno i only did passenger but nothing goes on a plane without being checked x ray or hand check EVERYTHING

I was more thinking of people travelling by car or train inside the European Community. Airports are different today, because of the hijacking and terrorist threat.

But for checking your car, luggage or post inside the EU, the authorities must have a good reason. I have no idea on how it works in the UK, but at least here, a policeman can't demand to check your personal belongings without very good reasons.

The reason for my comment was mostly because I find it extremly irritating that lawmakers in countries all over europe make laws that restricts freedom for normal lawabiding citizens, while still keeping loopholes ready to exploit by criminals at will. And to have differing laws inside the community makes it even worse.

I understand that it might make work harder for the police if a lot of kids and teenagers run around with toys that looks like real guns. But somehow I don't remembering it as a huge problem when I was a kid, and the toyguns where just about as good as these ones. I even owned a couple of the LS guns as a teen, and knew lot of others that did as well.

Most of us owned real air rifles as well, and very few accidents or injuries where heard of.

So, wouldn't it be better to make the law about carrying them in public, or something like that, instead of banning them completly?

Edited by denstore

According to the home office when the VCRA was going through parliament there were about 3650 crimes involving imitation firearms the previous year. This figure included over 1000 cases of importing forward venting blank firers which were illegal since 1988 and every case where someone was threatened with a firearm that was not fired at the scene of the crime or recovered by the police!

The home office also said that the average number of imitation firearms sold in a year was 350,000 and there were about 12,000,000 in circulation.

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

Hello from a Newbie to your Forum.

I just realised I have to many hobbies and not enough time.

Further to this topic of L&S Scale models I've posted this thread on another forum :

http://www.shootforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=27557&start=15

I'm hoping to find someone that might be interested in these L&S models or being able to point me in the right direction.

Does anyone know the value of these? Is it worth selling or should we just keep this up in the loft for the grand kids one day?

Thanking you in advance. :banghead:

I would say that it depends on the shape of the kits. If they are built up, in good condition, someone might be interested, but it will probably not bring in a lot of money.

Mint, unbuilt kits, in their original boxes would probably bring in a lot more.

Agree with Denstore: unbuilt kits are worth something that is easier to define (Ebay and so on), built kits can vary from a lot (if the buyer is a collector and the model is built to a certain standard) to nothing (if the model is damaged).

It's hard to tell how much these could be worth. IMHO for the rifles getting more than £50 each would be very difficult, and this if you can find a collector who wants an LS kit. Anyone who just wants an M16 replica would likely spend the money differently

Edited by Giorgio N

As you can only sell to people who can qualify under the exemption in the VCR act, this limits your market to drama companies and reenactor society members. The fragility of the models has a limited market for these people, who really need more durable replicas. So the sale value would not be very high and you have to assertain(this would need checking membership records, taking there word would not be good enough) that the purchaser is such a person would make selling them time consuming.

You can give them away or swap them for other items without breaching the act.

Technicaly you can "two tone" them.

Paint more than 50% of the visible surface in a bright flourescent colour and it becomes an IF instead of a RIF.

If someone strips the paint off or repaints though, they are guilty of "manufacturing".

The irony of the VCRA is that between the Bill and the Act, crimes with replica guns fell.

The thing I find funny, is that it's iffy to own replica firearms, and you certainly can't show the neighbor in the front garden your new replica M16, but it is legal to own a paint ball gun that can put a paintball through a door.

Here in SA, it's legal to own Firearms, and I have a Winchester Pump Action, I go shooting (targets) every couple weeks. But if the fuzz stop you with a paint ball gun, especially if loaded, you get a hells load of grief, (They are supposed to be transported with the canister and ammo removed.)

Still have my replica MP5 though, that's a few years old.

Steve

I was bidding on ebay last year for two unbuilt LS kits of the .44 Magnum Smith & Wesson and a .45 Colt 1911A1 but gave up when they climbed over £70 each! Both went for over £200 each. We really do live in a stupid country! I've totally given up now, every time I saved up enough money to start some form of shooting as a hobby some moron went loopy with what I was going to buy! I am NOT going to try pea shooters or blow darts so maybe that won't get banned!

Paul Harrison

Try airsoft. Its one of the exemptions to the owning of realistic imitation firearms.

You can start by renting a gun from a site before you qualify to buy one(played 3 times in not less than 2 months and a member of that site). It works out cheaper and less painful than paintball.

Check the link below for a site near you -

http://www.airsoftmap.co.uk/

Try airsoft. Its one of the exemptions to the owning of realistic imitation firearms.

You can start by renting a gun from a site before you qualify to buy one(played 3 times in not less than 2 months and a member of that site). It works out cheaper and less painful than paintball.

Check the link below for a site near you -

http://www.airsoftmap.co.uk/

Ends up getting expensive though...

1EF235D5-5001-45B3-A327-5C50CAA4B062-182

F33EFEAD-1E00-40FB-8CC5-338C847A9CE2-182

996F49F7-85DE-4BE6-9456-ADF2401267CA-170

• Like 2

Ends up getting expensive though...

Nice collection you have !

Yes, Airsoft can become addictive and therefore expensive. And with certain subjects it can be more expensive to collect ASGs than the real guns (where you can buy them at least). I saw a beautiful airsoft Mosin Nagant being sold in shops for 4-5 times a good functioning real one and other WW2 subjects are the same.

In other cases it's easier to find the real gun than the ASG one: I can find plenty of real L1A1 for sale in Italy but finding an Airsoft one has become impossible, those who have one don't seem interested in selling

• Like 1

I love Airsoft, used to go at least once a month, really good fun, however my Wife simply can't stand it, so after a while I gave up, sold most of my kit...sad really, nothing like sitting in a bush and shooting people in the head!

• Like 1