Help Required from Tiger 1 Experts

Mick Modeller

I tried to find some of S43, I only found S45 (the same as the decals in the Tamiya 1/35) and pic of S45 with smaller turret numbers........ That was in Restyans Tigers on the Eastern Front..... Your gonna have to drive that carefully with all that etch, Im re building my Tamiya RC Pershing at the mo, I had to buy a new hull top, and salvage the details from the old one, by the way Sowa also had a Tiger 1 number 222 in Normandy AFAIK.......by the way does the kit have the optional late sprockets and track holders for the turret, loaders periscope

I tried to find some of S43, I only found S45 (the same as the decals in the Tamiya 1/35) and pic of S45 with smaller turret numbers........ That was in Restyans Tigers on the Eastern Front..... Your gonna have to drive that carefully with all that etch, Im re building my Tamiya RC Pershing at the mo, I had to buy a new hull top, and salvage the details from the old one, by the way Sowa also had a Tiger 1 number 222 in Normandy AFAIK.......by the way does the kit have the optional late sprockets and track holders for the turret, loaders periscope

There is a German firm that sells spares for the RC tanks.

Sowa has a tiger in every orbat that I have, which made him interesting, Franz Staudegger is another possibility.

No optional sprockets, the track holders will either come from Aber or Schomo, same for the periscope.

Sowa has a tiger in every orbat that I have, which made him interesting, Franz Staudegger is another possibility.

No optional sprockets, the track holders will either come from Aber or Schomo, same for the periscope.

Are the sprockets all metal, or are the hubs plastic, you could work those into 2nd pattern if so, or does schumo do them, Also of note is the number style change for the unit, the larger white outline with inner edge in black that started with the Italian holiday... Seem to have been replaced by smaller white outine only numbers, just aft and slightly below the trunnions. There are 2 books very expensive called I think Tigers in combat vol 1 & 2, about £ 75 each.... But they are very comprehensive... I want them, but like a lot of things I might have to wait

Are the sprockets all metal, or are the hubs plastic, you could work those into 2nd pattern if so, or does schumo do them, Also of note is the number style change for the unit, the larger white outline with inner edge in black that started with the Italian holiday... Seem to have been replaced by smaller white outine only numbers, just aft and slightly below the trunnions. These were in use by Jan 44 at the latest, as evidenced by Wittmans S04 at this date.... There are 2 books very expensive called I think Tigers in combat vol 1 & 2, about £ 75 each....Ive had a quick thumb through them, and wish I had'nt.... They are very comprehensive... And of course I want them, but like a lot of things I might have to wait

Are the sprockets all metal, or are the hubs plastic, you could work those into 2nd pattern if so, or does schumo do them, Also of note is the number style change for the unit, the larger white outline with inner edge in black that started with the Italian holiday... Seem to have been replaced by smaller white outine only numbers, just aft and slightly below the trunnions. There are 2 books very expensive called I think Tigers in combat vol 1 & 2, about £ 75 each.... But they are very comprehensive... I want them, but like a lot of things I might have to wait

The hubs is one thing that I haven't gone into in any depth yet, yeah the std sprockets are metal

Nice tip on the Tac numbers, know what you mean on the books, I collect the same, some come easy and others take time, spent two years trying to get Liebstandarte V2, then got 3 for good money in short order. It doesn't help when you're a book snob, aiming for hardbacks, first edition etc, etc. But you can get the paperback versions quite cheap.