F-111B - an experiment too far

15 hours ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

The Revell nose is a bit off because for one thing, the lower half of the transition begins too far forward. See http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2009/10/grumman-f-111b.html and scroll down for awhile.

But what I mostly wondered is if the Esoteric nose just was an copy of the Revell nose or it was an shape of its own. I never seen they compared...

Edited by Andre B

Sorry - I can't remember comparing them directly. I built the Revell kit with the Revell nose and the Hasegawa kit with the Esoteric nose a long time ago before I realized that the B nose transition began at the forward end of the nose wheel well. One benefit of the Esoteric nose is that the model is less likely to be a tailsitter (I also can't remember if I added weight to the Revell kit's nose). They both look okay as built, though.

2 hours ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

Sorry - I can't remember comparing them directly. I built the Revell kit with the Revell nose and the Hasegawa kit with the Esoteric nose a long time ago before I realized that the B nose transition began at the forward end of the nose wheel well. One benefit of the Esoteric nose is that the model is less likely to be a tailsitter (I also can't remember if I added weight to the Revell kit's nose). They both look okay as built, though.

I have two Revell kits but for some reason neither of them had the F-111B nose. So I used one with the Esoteric nose and pleased with the result I opted to rebuild an Hasegawa F-111C to an F-111B as well. I made a mould for that nosejobb. A mould I still have. Now I have an idea to convert the other Revell kit to an production F-111B with the raised up cockpit an the longer nose.With plasticard, cutting and rescribing this wouldn't be t hard to do...