1/350 Dreadnought PE

John @ WEM

Here's your first look at PE 35155:

wempe35155A.jpg

wempe35155B.jpg

Replete with loads of relief etching on 2 thickness of brass, it even includes the ship's cats on fret B:

shipscats.jpg

Priced at £43.88 ex-VAT, this set will really dress up that Zvesda kit. As always, pre-orders will take priority when we start shipping this set in about 2 - 3 weeks, so if you haven't already ordered, you can do so here:

https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/c/British...Aircraft/190/1/

What colour was the cat and do you have it in colorcoats?

Evidence suggests the Dreadnought`s cat was a ginger tom,although over on "Nitpickers.com"there is a raging row as to whether it was in fact a female tabby.New research points out that this cat gave birth to a litter of kittens ,destroying the tom theory. :wicked:

I might be having one of them there PE set,John

John, the etch preview looks great, looking forward to recieving/getting my pre-ordered set when it is ready!

I REALLY wish I had talked to my Grandfather about his days on Dreadnought, but you only find out what you have missed when they have gone don't you? I have got a few pictures of Dreadnought from his collection.

I have done the ISW Dreadnought, and I hope the Zvezda one with WEM's etch will be much better.

Thanks to Mad Pete for doing the etch, but I might give the cat a miss - my eyesight would not cope with the tabby camoflage!

Regards, Ray

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. My Dreadnought PE arrived yesterday (Thursday) having paid on Tuesday. Superb service from White Ensign as usual.

Checking out the PE, I was stunned at the detail on it. There are bits to show her in a 1906 fit and a later fit, including 1915, which is great. I have done Dreadnought in a 1906 finish, but my Granddad was on her in 1915, so guess which I will be doing! I need to pirate some searchlights for platforms halfway up the front mast, and I have a feeling a couple will fall off my other build and magic their way onto this one. Easier than scratchbuilding don't you know...

I know White Ensign etch is superb, but you just have to see this set, it is fabulous. If anyone was thinking of waterlining her, there are deployed torpedo nets supplied for the above water sections. Oh yes, and the cats too. I am trying to figure out how to use one in tabby camoflage.

Well done Mad Pete.

All the best, Ray

• 1 year later...

Haveing built this ship with the pontos add on.

I have to say I should have waited for this as theres much more detail here.

But thats life, and if I do have time I might have another go at this ship for 1906.

Nice work John.

Cheers foxy,