Helicopter II Group Build

This is very, very scary, a bike and taget modeller going to build a chopper! Good on yer Steve. I've just had a look at he EC -135 ADAC kit for you, it has a full interion fit in the kit I have Revell 04457. So you should be able to build it from the box without too much trouble as the skill level is only 3! He he!

Colin

This is very, very scary, a bike and taget modeller going to build a chopper! Good on yer Steve. I've just had a look at he EC -135 ADAC kit for you, it has a full interion fit in the kit I have Revell 04457. So you should be able to build it from the box without too much trouble as the skill level is only 3! He he!

Colin

Well thats just rude... :coolio:

Hey, you can be glad I didnt merrily pounce into one of those horrible american harley long things, then I would have looked like a tit!

Skill level 3!!!!!, WOW!!!, Hell, Thats like, what, one WHOLE afternoon...ooooooooh scary. :analintruder:

Well at least with this I can try something new, you lot can have a jolly good laugh at me and hey, who knows. I might even enjoy it.

And I wont have defiled myself and brought shame unto my family by building one of those... (gosh, i cant say it), Aeroplanes...ooooh swooon thump.

S

Arrrrrrrgh!!!!!!

Ok....

Problem 1 - I am neither a wingy thing or whirhly wingy thing builder...

Problem 2 - I dont know what to build (excellent excuse for a trip to the hobby shop)

Problem 3 - Distinct possibility I shall make a complete tit of myself...

I have 2 choppers in the stash, A Revell Adac Eurocopter in 1/72 and an Academy HH46 Sea Knight in 1/48th, neither really stirring my loins enough to go oooooh and leap forth into the dark side...

At this stage I think ill do the Eurocopter, might even open up the doors and stuff (heeeey, see, getting with the vernacular here... :analintruder: )

Steve

Haha, I also have Problem #1 (more or less) and #3, and I still intend to jump in. Problem #2 wouldn't be too hard to solve so I'm not really counting that. :winkgrin:

What's worse is that we are almost at this GB start, and I haven't even properly finished the Deltawing in the Le Mans GB. ..

Hi All,

With about two weeks to go I thought I should get together a list of people who've said they'll be joining in. It's an impressive list!

1. Jabba
  2. Hythe
  3. per adua ad ostentationem
  4. Merlin 101
  5. Heloman1
  6. Ian Shumsky
  7. PaulJ
  8. Procopius
  9. Mike N
  10. Chancer UK
  11. FostersDave
  12. DaveJL
  13. PhartyCr0c
  14. Dermo245
  15. WillVale
  16. Mish
  17. Snapper City
  18. Bootneck
  19. Chadders
  20. Dazzio
  21. PalaceFan
  22. Jorgen Stendahl
  23. SaintsPhil
  24. Mad Steve
  25. BusDriver
  26. IIKing
  27. Graham77
  28. SniperUK
  29. Prenton
  30. Ex-FAAWAFU
  31. Vingtor
  32. Topgear29
  33. RotorheadTX
  34. TonyGol
  35. Richellis

Thanks for expressing an interest everyone. For those of you reading this haven't signed up, come on, you know you want to.

See you all on the 8th.

Gary

I know there is Lynx STGB on the horizon, but would anyone mind if I built the Airfix 1:48 Lynx AH-7 in this GB, especially as the only proposed banner for this GB is of a Lynx? Keen to build this beauty as soon as possible, although not sure in which scheme yet...

Icarus

PS I'm tempted to make the ETPS "Raspberry Ripple" scheme, although heaven only knows how I would do this with no obvious decals in the scale. Make them myself...!?

Edited by Icarus

Welcome Icarus and Swordfish Fairey. I've added your names to the list.

Icarus, I'd be keen to see a Raspberry Ripple scheme Lynx so I hope you manage to sort the decal issue out.

There are going to be some interesting builds in this GB.

Gary

1. Jabba
  2. Hythe
  4. Merlin 101
  5. Heloman1
  6. Ian Shumsky
  7. PaulJ
  8. Procopius
  9. Mike N
  10. Chancer UK
  11. FostersDave
  12. DaveJL
  13. PhartyCr0c
  14. Dermo245
  15. WillVale
  16. Mish
  17. Snapper City
  18. Bootneck
  19. Chadders
  20. Dazzio
  21. PalaceFan
  22. Jorgen Stendahl
  23. SaintsPhil
  24. Mad Steve
  25. BusDriver
  26. IIKing
  27. Graham77
  28. SniperUK
  29. Prenton
  30. Ex-FAAWAFU
  31. Vingtor
  32. Topgear29
  33. RotorheadTX
  34. TonyGol
  35. Richellis
  36. Icarus
  37. Swordfish Fairey

I see there are couple of the usual (helo) suspects missing from the list of willing victims, Lynx7, The Wu, Grissly and OzH. Come on guys if you three fall in then we have a round 40, which should make for a very impressive Gallery. no pressure hey!

Colin

It's been a while since I've done anything on here except lurk in the shadows, and i haven't looked at the GB calendar for ages, so I didn't know what

GBs were upcoming.

When I saw a helicopter GB, I thought "I'll have some of that", so count me in with the Italeri 1/72 Wessex UH.3 from their "Falklands Anniversary" set.

It's good to be back . . .

Inching closer to 40.

Welcome aboard MadNurseGaz.

1. Jabba
  2. Hythe
  4. Merlin 101
  5. Heloman1
  6. Ian Shumsky
  7. PaulJ
  8. Procopius
  9. Mike N
  10. Chancer UK
  11. FostersDave
  12. DaveJL
  13. PhartyCr0c
  14. Dermo245
  15. WillVale
  16. Mish
  17. Snapper City
  18. Bootneck
  19. Chadders
  20. Dazzio
  21. PalaceFan
  22. Jorgen Stendahl
  23. SaintsPhil
  24. Mad Steve
  25. BusDriver
  26. IIKing
  27. Graham77
  28. SniperUK
  29. Prenton
  30. Ex-FAAWAFU
  31. Vingtor
  32. Topgear29
  33. RotorheadTX
  34. TonyGol
  35. Richellis
  36. Icarus
  37. Swordfish Fairey
  38. MadNurseGaz

Me too please Gajman, with a Sikorsky S-61L.

It's a Transport Wings conversion for the Airfix Sea King and I've a bit of PE to chuck at it too.

Thanks

Cliff

I've decided on a 1:144 Belvedere - 66 Sqn operating in Borneo (just read the book "Borneo Boys" and it brought back some great memories).

Mike

Hi all,

Never done a GB before and not built a rotary wing, or anything post 1945, for about 25 years, but for my birthday one of my sons bought me a 1:72 Italeri A-129 Mangusta. He's been hassling me to make a start on it and I've not found an excuse as it isn't really my thing.

So what the hell.

Count me in.

***gulp***

Richard

• Like 1

Thanks to CliffB, rwoolev76 and TrojanThunder ee've broken 40! Welcome aboard guys, There's still plenty of space for anyone else who wants to join.

1. Jabba
  2. Hythe
  4. Merlin 101
  5. Heloman1
  6. Ian Shumsky
  7. PaulJ
  8. Procopius
  9. Mike N
  10. Chancer UK
  11. FostersDave
  12. DaveJL
  13. PhartyCr0c
  14. Dermo245
  15. WillVale
  16. Mish
  17. Snapper City
  18. Bootneck
  19. Chadders
  20. Dazzio
  21. PalaceFan
  22. Jorgen Stendahl
  23. SaintsPhil
  24. Mad Steve
  25. BusDriver
  26. IIKing
  27. Graham77
  28. SniperUK
  29. Prenton
  30. Ex-FAAWAFU
  31. Vingtor
  32. Topgear29
  33. RotorheadTX
  34. TonyGol
  35. Richellis
  36. Icarus
  37. Swordfish Fairey
  38. MadNurseGaz
  39. CliffB
  40. rwoolven76
  41. TrojanThunder

Thank everyone, looking forward to the start of this in 2 weeks time.

Gary

• Like 1

Hi all,

Never done a GB before and not built a rotary wing, or anything post 1945, for about 25 years, but for my birthday one of my sons bought me a 1:72 Italeri A-129 Mangusta. He's been hassling me to make a start on it and I've not found an excuse as it isn't really my thing.

So what the hell.

Count me in.

***gulp***

Richard

Welcome to the world of GB's Richard, it's that first step of deciding to take part that is the worst.Once you get going you will be hooked. Have a great build.............Smudge

• Like 1

Hi all,

So what the hell.

Count me in.

***gulp***

Richard

Hi Richard,

my first GB was the 1:144 GB a couple of months ago. I really enjoyed it and I'm sure you will also once the build starts.

cheers

Mike

• Like 1

Howdy chaps

Well, trip to the model shop failed to stir the loins and give me a WOW as an alternative build for this GB, although, I did see a 1/35 scale Hind and CH 47, but I think they might be just a taaaad too ambitious for me, but can you imagine a 35th scale Falklands era chinook diorama....

Anyhow, I'm sticking to my lowly Revell ADAC Eurocopter on a wee dio base. I'll just pick a corner a whimper softly at the impressive builders already signed up...

Steve

Thanks chaps. It's quite handy actually as I'm not sure I'd have got around to doing the Mangusta my son bought me otherwise. I'm not sure I really understand the rules other than we all build a type of kit over a period of time, posting occasional progress updates and then submitting pictures of the finished article before the deadline. Is that it? Is there some sort of judging that takes place or do we just use it as a chance to enjoy the company and experience of others?

Richard