Helicopter II Group Build

Another ex-Motorcycle GB wallah here! :winkgrin:

So, am I tempted? Yep, for sure, but it's over the summer hols and it's a busy time with the kids, so I'll need to plan my modelling carefully. But OK, I'm in, probably with a Hasegawa Sea King, might even do a British one...

@Steve, Helicopters? God knows, but when man first thought of flight he saw the birds soaring over the mountains and cliffs and dreamed... He saw their gracefully long wings bearing the weight of the bird as it glided across the landscapes.

Meanwhile, over in Italy... What the hell was Leonardo da Vinci on when he dreamt this??!!

674x501_856950_739230_1357444178.jpg

Wow been away from modelling and the forums for a while now, great to see so much interest in the GB! Guess I have no choice now but to get back to the bench :hobbyhorse:

See ya'll soon :thumbsup:

Wow been away from modelling and the forums for a while now, great to see so much interest in the GB! Guess I have no choice now but to get back to the bench :hobbyhorse:

See ya'll soon :thumbsup:

Ooooh Metallicus, like your profile pic....

Now theres an idea, a Rooivalk....

Steve the semi uninitiated (been on the intergooweb, now know what a helicopter is)... :bounce:

Another ex-Motorcycle GB wallah here! :winkgrin:

So, am I tempted? Yep, for sure, but it's over the summer hols and it's a busy time with the kids, so I'll need to plan my modelling carefully. But OK, I'm in, probably with a Hasegawa Sea King, might even do a British one...

@Steve, Helicopters? God knows, but when man first thought of flight he saw the birds soaring over the mountains and cliffs and dreamed... He saw their gracefully long wings bearing the weight of the bird as it glided across the landscapes.

Meanwhile, over in Italy... What the hell was Leonardo da Vinci on when he dreamt this??!!

674x501_856950_739230_1357444178.jpg

Haha, I now remember that I have indeed built a helicopter recently, the Vite Aerea. Damn, that would have been perfect in this GB :winkgrin:, but I'll stick with the Sea King 66.

Vite_aerea_JS.jpg

1/32 Puma, 1/32 Lynx,1/35 Chinook, 1/48 Wessex with HC.2 conversion, 1/48 Lynx with AH.1 and HAS.3 conversions, 1/48 MH-60K, 1/72 Wessex X3, 1/72 MH-53, 1/72 Gazelle, 1/72 MH-60, 1/72 Revell Sea King X6, 1/72 HoS-4, What do I do!!!!!

1/32 Puma, 1/32 Lynx,1/35 Chinook, 1/48 Wessex with HC.2 conversion, 1/48 Lynx with AH.1 and HAS.3 conversions, 1/48 MH-60K, 1/72 Wessex X3, 1/72 MH-53, 1/72 Gazelle, 1/72 MH-60, 1/72 Revell Sea King X6, 1/72 HoS-4, What do I do!!!!!

Puma!

I forgot the 1/48 Chinook, two 1/72 Merlins, 1/72 Rescue Hawk, Scout, MH-47, Belvedere, Hormone, Super Puma/Cougar !!

We don't seem to get too many banners nowadays

Well I personally think this is a disgrace and I will be sending a strongly worded letter of disgust to the moderator's. In fact I'm going to give up the hobby all together and move to Switzerland to become a yodelling master. lol

Lets hope less banner making means more model making by the masses.

I'd like to get involved in this one...

But I have only two potential kits in the stash, and I would need a direction from the GB hosts - is this:

Heli2buildoption1.jpg

a runner for this GB?

What about this:

heli2buildoption2.jpg

I'd welcome your opinions, please, as to whether or not either or both of these are eligible...

Thanks,

Philip

Count me in. I plan to build the Fujimi 1/48 Gazelle, depicting the 705 NAS aircraft on which I did my first rotary-wing solo in (cough) 1984.

That was kind of mentally ear-marked for the FAA GB later in the year, but I have plenty of other candidates for that!

This could push me to do the Revell NH90 - 1/72 scale. I have started cutting the interior parts from the sprues, nothing more that that, really.

Nils

But I have only two potential kits in the stash, and I would need a direction from the GB hosts - is this:

Heli2buildoption1.jpg

a runner for this GB?

What about this:

heli2buildoption2.jpg

I'd welcome your opinions, please, as to whether or not either or both of these are eligible...

Thanks,

Philip

Not my decision, but personally I'd vote for both being eligible. The first one because it's unlikely that there will ever be a "Totally Hatstand" GB [i mean, pilot in a bucket on top of the rotor head... what could possibly go wrong?].

• Like 1

Ok if I can put me down for this build. This is sum thing I have been thinking of doing for sum time I will an Airfix 1/72 Westland Scout 656 squadron AAC as seen in the film Who Dares Wins.

i042109.jpg

Edited by topgear29

Hi everyone,

Wow, time flies. I had to double check as it was so long ago but, yes, I did put my name down to co-host this GB.

Heli2buildoption1.jpg

a runner for this GB?

What about this:

heli2buildoption2.jpg

Thanks,

Philip

Philip, I see no reason why those don't qualify. They'll certainly stand out.

hcoptergb_zps20a09ba4.jpg

Would this answer for a banner?

That looks really good, thank you.

Gary

Hi everyone,

Wow, time flies. I had to double check as it was so long ago but, yes, I did put my name down to co-host this GB.

Philip, I see no reason why those don't qualify. They'll certainly stand out.

Gary

Thanks, Gary. Looking forward to June 8th........

Philip

Only 18 days to go before building commences.

Arrrrrrrgh!!!!!!

Ok....

Problem 1 - I am neither a wingy thing or whirhly wingy thing builder...

Problem 2 - I dont know what to build (excellent excuse for a trip to the hobby shop)

Problem 3 - Distinct possibility I shall make a complete tit of myself...

I have 2 choppers in the stash, A Revell Adac Eurocopter in 1/72 and an Academy HH46 Sea Knight in 1/48th, neither really stirring my loins enough to go oooooh and leap forth into the dark side...

At this stage I think ill do the Eurocopter, might even open up the doors and stuff (heeeey, see, getting with the vernacular here... :analintruder: )

Steve