1/72 f-15E

typhoon1

Interesting to see Fujimi rolling out a new aircraft kit after a trader at a show told me they were giving up on aircraft kits when i was trying to find a Fujimi Brit Toom.

Those kind of guys are usually not very reliable sources of info I've found :) Fujimi did go for a long time without doing any new a/c kits, and they pulled all their overseas distribution system at one point (Japan only). I don't know if they've engaged any new overseas distributors or not. Haven't heard of any. But with all the retail outlets in Japan and HK nowadays, that's not such a big issue anymore.

J

I think that Models For Sale (well, their wholesale arm) import Fujimi into the UK, Jennings. Which is why I seem to have getting on for the same number of Spey-engined Phantoms in 72nd as the RN and RAF bought in 1:1 scale, but that's another story...

I think that Models For Sale (well, their wholesale arm) import Fujimi into the UK, Jennings. Which is why I seem to have getting on for the same number of Spey-engined Phantoms in 72nd as the RN and RAF bought in 1:1 scale, but that's another story...

Unless the situation has changed fairly recently, Fujimi does not have any official overseas wholesalers. They got burned really badly by several a number of years ago, which is why their kits dried up outside of Japan. And in any event, importers are still not generally the best source of information on Japanese companies in my experience :)

Clearly, Fujimi aren't giving up on aircraft regardless... That's a good thing!

J

Unless the situation has changed fairly recently, Fujimi does not have any official overseas wholesalers. They got burned really badly by several a number of years ago, which is why their kits dried up outside of Japan. And in any event, importers are still not generally the best source of information on Japanese companies in my experience :)

Clearly, Fujimi aren't giving up on aircraft regardless... That's a good thing!

J

Modelwholesale are the importers to the UK - from their website:

I hope they're throwing out a red herring with those CAD images...the tailfins don't look parallel, but more like the Silent Eagle, and the exhausts look too long...

Jens

Yeah me too; as those vertical tails are canted out in the CAD Renderings.

I hope the CAD images aren't going to reflect the real kit, at least the Engine and vertical tails. The nozzles are terribly inaccurate, being too small in diameter and absolutely no flare transition from the convergent to divergent nozzle sections. It's a straight shot tube! The gimmicky separate engine is also too small proportionally to the engine hardback trailer it’s mounted to.

We shall see….