1:48 ICM RAF SEAC Spitfire Mk VIII

Kallisti

Thanks for the feedback Miggers, this was an experiment in trying to capture a dynamic moment in time. I really don't like seeing beautiful planes sitting on the ground looking like a duck out of water. These planes should be seen flying in their natural element!

The rudder tirm is a useful piece of information to remember for the future however, so thank you for that!

I still plan on building a Tamiya 1:32 Spitfire VIII as if it was from 81 Sqn as I think my father was attached to them in 43/44 in Burma so would have worked on them, so my aim is to build one with an appropriately dressed (or since it was Burma undressed) aircrew working on the electrical systems as my Dad was an electrician :) I'm still waiting to hear back from the RAF about his war records as I applied to get them a few weeks ago to be certain of where and when he was posted as I have a photo which indicates he was with 5 Sqn at one point but also an Xmas Menu from Dec 43 from 81 Sqn, so either he was working on Spitfire Vc, IX and VIII (81 Sqn) or Mohawks, Hurricanes and Thunderbolts (5 sqn) or maybe something else...