trouble with tartan/lumberjack shirt

Steve W!

Hi all,

I have had a long break from modelling and I am starting my first figure in years. Its a large scale resin bust of Bub from George A Romero's Day of The Dead. I have done a fair bit of research and its the idea of doing his checked lumberjack shirt that is worrying me. I don't yet know how to get the pattern to follow the folds of the clothes. Does anybody know of any online guides for clothing patterns.

Thank you for your time

Steve

Edited by Steve W!

I can´t find any guides but I assume Bub is a large sculpt..1:6 ? If I was you I´d use a grey base for the shirt and then use an HB pencil to mark the pattern, this way you would follow the natural line of the folds without having to concentrate with paint first go.

Hi Paul,

Thank u for the tip.

Yeh its a large scale 1/3rd resin half statue bust. I have never gone this large before usually only going as high as 1/6th. I usually do undead in a dark primer but I think u R right to suggest grey. I have a soft drafting nib pencil at work I can use. I remember getting vexed by tartan on highland infantry back in the day. This scale shows up mistakes as much it can show off good work though.

Fingers crossed x

Cheers

SW