Hello,

Being new to Britmodeller, I'm just feeling around and found this. (confession, I'm American. Shhhh) Anyway, I just bought the Tamiya P-47 and it will be only my third model. My first being a Hasegawa Bf-109E-3 and the second an Accurate Miniatures P-51B. The latter is much better but I still have a long way to go. I just bought a Paasche Talon after my old airbrush (15 dollars worth) broke. I'm a frequent on Hyperscale but like this format a little better. I'll still visit both often, though. How do you post pictures? Thanks in advance. :newb:

Erik

Welcome Erik,

your more than welcome to join in this or any other Group Build. If you need any assistance just ask the hosts of the Group Build you're interested in, for Group Builds in General then I'm the moderator for all Group Builds.

Look forward to seeing you work.

By the way I merged your thread into this chat thread to keep thinks nice and tidy :)

• 3 weeks later...

Mish, how much Whiffery is allowed? I'm doing the Russian one with the Olive Drab and Neutral Grey scheme but I really like the chequered cowling of the Thunderbolt at the front of the Academy box. Would that be allowed?

Mish, how much Whiffery is allowed? I'm doing the Russian one with the Olive Drab and Neutral Grey scheme but I really like the chequered cowling of the Thunderbolt at the front of the Academy box. Would that be allowed?
second question: What material was the big 200 gallon flat belly tank made of? Also: what colour was it usually done in?

It's your kit, you can do as you please :)

They were made out of aluminium and similarly coloured.

• 2 weeks later...
Mark I can't visualise a 137 Gal tank. I only know of 200, 150 & 108 gal tanks.

The 200, 150 and 108 Gal tanks were measured in US Gallons, a 150 US gallon tank equates to a 137 Imperial gallon tank.

If you're looking for these for your Mk.1 you need to scrounge a couple of P-38 Lightning teardop tanks - those are the babies!

Wez

Edited by Wez

Mark I can't visualise a 137 Gal tank. I only know of 200, 150 & 108 gal tanks.

Sorry, my mistake. I was using proper measurements, not some half baked colonial nonsense!!!! :wicked:

Mark.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks to Mish for running this GB.

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed making up my Thunderbolt kits and the support and compliments of the other

members of this GB were appreciated.

:cheers:

Deacon

Yeah this was a great group build Mish, thanks for running it and keeping us in check :) I just voted in the gallery as well, it's a seriously tough choice for the top spot in this one. As some have mentioned, there are at least 5 models that are worthy of winning.