1/48 Eurofighter Ejection seat

DaveJL

Hello all,

Does anyone know if there are any 1/48 resin ejection seats out there for the Eurofighter Typhoon, and if so where to get one?

Think i'm right in saying it's a Martin Baker MK.16.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by DaveJL

It's a Mk.16A. There are at least three different versions of the Mk.16 - one for Typhoon, one for Rafale and one for F-35 - and they are all different.

As for the seat itself, all the one in the kit needs is a set of belts and it is spot on.

yes there is julien kindly sent one to me a while ago, made by aries

here

http://www.aires.cz/ejection-seatsseat/m-b...t-for-ef-2000a/

No the one I sent you was the airwaves one.

For some reason it was marked as a JSF seat Mk16 even though it was the eurofighter one.

Does not seem to be on the hannants site at the moment

Julien

No the one I sent you was the airwaves one.

For some reason it was marked as a JSF seat Mk16 even though it was the eurofighter one.

Does not seem to be on the hannants site at the moment

Julien

thanks mate i knew there was more than one but couldnt find it

• 5 months later...

Here is a link which shows the airwaves seat (I doubt this reatiler has them or can get them)

http://www.gdkits.com/148-martin-baker-mk1...amp;language=en

Like I said they were marketed as a F-35/JSF/Rafale seat but in reality they were the Typhoon version of the MK16

Seems like Aviation megastore in Holland have one left in stock http://www.aviationmegastore.com/martin-ba...5&art=67080

I seem to recall you got two in the packet. I think hannants picked up the airwaves molds/range so might be worth an email to them??

Julien

• 2 weeks later...
Nice work!

Seriously, all the kit seat needs is some belts. As far as accuracy goes it is spot-on.

I got those seats when I built the old Italeri kit and believe me that NEEDED an after market seat (amongst many other things!)

Julien

I got those seats when I built the old Italeri kit and believe me that NEEDED an after market seat (amongst many other things!)

Julien

Oh yes, the Italeri kit needs a new seat (along with a short trip to the bin in favour of the Revell kit).

The Revell seat, on the other hand, is spot-on.

Oh yes, the Italeri kit needs a new seat (along with a short trip to the bin in favour of the Revell kit).

Yes, very nearly went in the bin, in the end I did this with it as had all but lost hope!

Euro10.jpg

Euro09.jpg

Julien