MiG-21bis Academy 1/48

Hi Arkady72

... Can I please ask how you achieve these effects?

Thanks in advance

For this purpose I used oil paints 502 Abteilung series, usually black and brown colors. Just a little squeeze on a piece of paper. Then I dip extra thin brush ( Tamiya high finish for example ) in the thinner ( MiG thinner or white spirit ) and with end of wet brush I touch squeezed paint. With this mixture on the brush I doing stains. If something goes wrong you can always erase it with thinner and try again until you are satisfied.

Thank you very much for all comments, I did not expect such interest about this model.

For this purpose I used oil paints 502 Abteilung series, usually black and brown colors. Just a little squeeze on a piece of paper. Then I dip extra thin brush ( Tamiya high finish for example ) in the thinner ( MiG thinner or white spirit ) and with end of wet brush I touch squeezed paint. With this mixture on the brush I doing stains. If something goes wrong you can always erase it with thinner and try again until you are satisfied.

Thank you very much for all comments, I did not expect such interest about this model.

Thanks - will have a crack at that technique!

You have got a lot of interest becasue it is a first class model worthy of much praise! Looking forward to seeing others.

• 3 months later...
That is an incredible model! Beautiful work!

Thanks for sharing your techniques with us, I must say that is one of the best mig's I have ever seen.

AGREED!!! A fantastic build all around, thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Ditto what Mish said, how did I miss this one?!

A fabulous model, Artur and a real piece of art. So, now that you've stolen it from the Ethiopian Air Force Museum, you can give it back now! But seriously that is amazing and if Vitor says so, who am I to argue?

Edited by Busdriver