Mitsubishi A6M3/3a

smuts

Hi guys, well the Japanese bug has bitten deep put the cat on the backburner for now got this & a KI-61 last week at yate...

Copyof100_0800.jpg

sprayed the Aotaki blue primer(xtracolour) & started the pit...

100_0807.jpg

all I'll be adding will be eduards IJN belts that's all this one needs....

Andy :frantic:

Hi guys,

office built up & sprayed with Aeromaster Mitsubishi cockpit colour weathered with Tamiya sets, just added Eduard belts..

side walls

100_0809.jpg

100_0808.jpg

pit..

100_0812.jpg

100_0811.jpg

100_0810.jpg

No stopping! Did you have a break at all between the models or do you overlap them?

Hi Don, no overlapping builds the N1 was finished over a fornight ago got this at Yate..

Thanks Andy :frantic:

Hi guys, got some more done..

PE wing fold brackets..

100_0815.jpg

PE & wings ready..

100_0814.jpg

wings & stabs/tail on... just a smear of AV white..

100_0816.jpg

100_0817.jpg

cowl & gills sprayed WEM Mitsubishi blue/black, spinner sprayed Tamiya chrome silver (enamel)

100_0819.jpg

100_0820.jpg

Andy.

Very Nice Andy

I have to buy one of those for my stash, to do in

White/green cross surrender colours circa 1945

I do have the real thing near by

Picture038.jpg

A6M3 taken by ANZAC forces in 1945 from near Southern Bouganville to Piva airfiels, Torokina,

Bouganville Island (Solomons) eventually shipped to New Zealand as a war trophy

Regards

Alan

Edited by LDSModeller

Hi guys,

pre-shaded with Tamiya NATO black & wing ID edges sprayed with WEM ID yellow...

100_0821.jpg

100_0822.jpg

Hi Don,

AV white putty's a very fine light duty type comes in a tube with a very fine nozzle good for wing roots but heavy stuff.

Andy.

Hi guys,

pre-shaded with Tamiya NATO black & wing ID edges sprayed with WEM ID yellow...

100_0821.jpg

100_0822.jpg

Hi Don,

AV white putty's a very fine light duty type comes in a tube with a very fine nozzle good for wing roots but heavy stuff.

Andy.

Looks really good this, Mind me asking where you get the paint codes from? I've got a 24th scale one I wouldnt mind doing the cockpit on for now...

Hi guys, & thanks for the compliments all done bar the U/C sprayed a couple of mist coats of Tamiya XF-12 on patchy to show wear & tare ...

100_0824.jpg

100_0823.jpg

100_0826.jpg

100_0825.jpg

Looks really good this, Mind me asking where you get the paint codes from? I've got a 24th scale one I wouldnt mind doing the cockpit on for now...

Hi, I've used an old bottle of Aeromaster Mitsubishi cockpit green on this but a real close colour to its is Xtracrylics Faded olive drab. if you like enamels then WEM are your best bet they do a complete range of IJN & IJA colours

(got em all & well worth it!) Gunz do a full range of IJN/A lacquers but you can only get them from Luckymodel or HLJ.

one thing to remember is Japanese colours are a minefield there was no standardisation like RLM/BS/FS..

you could have a Mitsubishi built Zero next to one built by Nakajima both would be a different cockpit colour & even have different belts fitted!.

Thanks for walk round pics offer Antoine.

Andy.

Japanese colours are a minefield there was no standardisation like RLM/BS/FS..

you could have a Mitsubishi built Zero next to one built by Nakajima both would be a different cockpit colour & even have different belts fitted!.

I see that as an opportunity, rather than a minefield.

I like your colour scheme; very thirties, very deco.

• 2 months later...