1/144 Etihad F1 A340-600 Conversion

Hi all, I've had this conversion set for a while now and I was going to start it next week but after seeing Mr Probert has gone and got the same kits I thought about starting today after work and I have done. I am not using the Virgin Atlantic decals on this build because I got myself the Gio decals Etihad formula 1 sheet. I have followed the paperwork as to where to cut the fuselage.

Braz conversion set

ba3b7a3f.jpg

Gio decals Etihad A340-600 sheet

c8ffc2f6.jpg

Fuselage all cut up ( will turn the pic round later lol )

b7659b6a.jpg

The fuselage all glued in place with the plug and tail cone

0d6c910c.jpg

Later tonight I will add the filler on the plug.

Edited by cuprar

bloody hell not hanging about with this one bud. :lol:

quick question is that a big gap along the top in the last pic?

:popcorn:

There is a little gap where the tail fits the tail cone about 3-4 mm but the tail will cover it once fitted. If your talking about the main plug, No it's where I have sanded down but I don't know why I did lol need to Add a bucket load of filler

How did you find the Revell fuselage diameter in relation to the BraZ parts? On mine the BraZ diameter was smaller... had to do a bit of surgery to get a good join and keep the fuselage one constant width!

It looks like we're neck and neck!! :D

How did you find the Revell fuselage diameter in relation to the BraZ parts? On mine the BraZ diameter was smaller... had to do a bit of surgery to get a good join and keep the fuselage one constant width!

It looks like we're neck and neck!! :D

Hi Tom, the plug was a tiny bit off to the fuse but that has been sorted. I'm going to put the wings on tomorrow, I've just done the engines and super glued and filled the gaps. So ill also get them painted tomorrow.

Hi Tom, the plug was a tiny bit off to the fuse but that has been sorted. I'm going to put the wings on tomorrow, I've just done the engines and super glued and filled the gaps. So ill also get them painted tomorrow.

Blimey you're streaking ahead! Any pics of the engines? How did they go together?

I cant believe how fast youre coming along on this. If i was doing it Id still be staring at the parts!

likewise.....

looking good tho, so dont keep us waiting.....

Had the hump tonight big time, my 8 month old son pulled it of the table when he was in his high chair so I've had to redo the back end. It was total FCUKed!!!! I cut the back end of my old A330 instead cutting up another kit!

4e6c7c8e.jpg

In a while I will get the filler out and glue on the wings and tail and I hope to get this in primer tomorrow if the weather is ok

I've had to redo the back end. It was total FCUKed!!!! I cut the back end of my old A330 instead cutting up another kit!

In a while I will get the filler out and glue on the wings and tail and I hope to get this in primer tomorrow if the weather is ok

Pity it wasn't the front Chris. You could have done a diorama like this.

http://airlineworld.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/pict0001.jpg

Still, there's time yet. LOL

Chris.

Size difference A340-600 and A330-300, the 300 is my Air Asia Raiders bird. Been busy sanding, filling, sanding ect so tomorrow I'll give her another sand and stick the tail on then get her in primer.

56c3b7d1.jpg

She has had 2 coats of primer this morning and I'll give her another 2 after Formula one and later tonight I'll give her a quick going over with some wet and dry ready for paint tomorrow

de532511.jpg

5ff46b86.jpg

Getting there at long last