1/144th Airbus A340-600 conversion.

Evening all... the A340-600 conversion is now finished.

I spent the afternoon adding the final details such as the wheels, aluminium on the leadng edges, adding the engines and painting lights etc. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.

DSCF4856.jpg

DSCF4857.jpg

DSCF4858.jpg

DSCF4859.jpg

DSCF4863.jpg

DSCF4864.jpg

So... was £90 worth it? Well, it's a lot of money but I loved every single minute of this build. With a bit of forward planning and careful trimming, filling and sanding it builds into a lovely model. The resin was beautifully moulded and the decals were excellent.

I enjoy a challenge and this provided that... maybe a A340-500 will be a future project. My hat goes off to BraZ for producing models and conversions such as this... without people like him I would not have been able to add such a graceful aircraft to my collection :)

Told you lol, what a lovely job you've done on it Tom, I'm stuck at work on spread overs so can't finish my one yet. But once again buddy what a great job you have done

Thanks Chris, I'm pretty pleased with her... and you know the work that needs to go into one of these!

Yours will be a beauty too I'm sure of that, you can't have much further to go surely??

Thanks Chris, I'm pretty pleased with her... and you know the work that needs to go into one of these!

Yours will be a beauty too I'm sure of that, you can't have much further to go surely??

No, just the decals, wheels and engines so almost there and yes a lot of work on these kits just think we have both spent about £150 each in all on these, the braz kit, 340 kit paint, glue and filler but well worth it

No, just the decals, wheels and engines so almost there and yes a lot of work on these kits just think we have both spent about £150 each in all on these, the braz kit, 340 kit paint, glue and filler but well worth it

Very true... Hannants must love us!! :lol:

I must admit I am tempted to get a A340-500... but will somehow need to get it past the missus... hmmm

Very true... Hannants must love us!! :lol:

I must admit I am tempted to get a A340-500... but will somehow need to get it past the missus... hmmm

Lol, somebody once told me to tape a raffle ticket to the box of a kit and if she says where did that come from you won it in a raffle. Job done lol, A340-500 not for me I'm running out of room and still have 8 A380's and 3 A340's to build

Edited by cuprar

Lol, somebody once told me to tape a raffle ticket to the box of a kit and if she says where did that come from you won it in a raffle. Job done

Genius... why hadn't I thought of that before? :wall:

:wow: Me thinks the internet lied and that conversion is actually buildable.

Actually, I beg to differ, it's an absolute pig to get that fuselage straight, I spent a month on mine and that only got me to the first primer coat and no wings or empennage attached. What Tom has just so ably demonstrated is his superb modelling skills. Period. :worthy:

Right that it's I think it's time I quit...

Stunning, absolutely stunning! What a beautiful bird :wub: . I'm gobsmacked at the pace you work to produce a great looking model. Truly amazing skills... I wish I could turn around mine that quickly. Well done!

Vinny

You outdid yourself......it's a stunner.

give it to me....go on.....gissit.....you know you want to......

Nice model.

But I have to question the colour.

Yours looks very silver but I've always perceived Virgins scheme as White. :unsure:

Thank you.

As for the colour... I'm certain it is a silvery-grey. However, it depends on the heavily on the light conditions (I've seen some look light grey, others look silver) have a look at these and you'll see what I mean:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Virgin-Atla...a5a3adb88d2c9ff

The 'new scheme' does appear much lighter, but I still wouldn't say it's pure white:

• Like 1