Messerschmitt Bf-110

@dahut: cheers, just realised the pther night though that I've used the wrong colours, should have been the lighter green with a grey, ho-hum, I'm not changing it now....

@Tim T: thanks Tim, it's my preferred method at the moment, once I've pre-shaded I then spray the base colour, then I add a couple of drops of Citadel Bleached Bone and spay this gently into the centre of the panels, I'm still getting to grips with it, if I think it looks a bit to harsh, then I will spray a very light coat of the base colour to tone it down.

More pics tomorrow.....

Aha, forgotten, that I'd already taken this one and uploaded it to Photobucket.

Erewash-20111104-00251.jpg

I did the exhaust staining yesterday, as well as some soot/smoke stains from the cannon, these look a bit overdone and messy though :-( I'll post some pics tomorrow and you can judge for yourselves.....

Are you planning on doing the white winter camouflage on that? If so, how are you intending to do it? I've got this one lined up soon, and I'm seriously thinking about doing this version and want some advice!

Cheers!

:blush: I was going too, but I chickened out......

Then I thought I willl have a go, I can do it.....

but I realised I'd already done the exhaust stains ....

Bit of a posting lull recently, sorry all, here are some of the latest progress pics

The underside finished and given a coat of matt varnish

Erewash-20111207-00253-1.jpg

closer view of the bombs

Erewash-20111207-00263-1.jpg

I wasn't overly impressed when I took the masks off the glazing, it left a very untidy and irregular white line, the white primer I'd used. I've not really expreienced this before, the only difference being the pre-cut masks I used. The pic is after I'd touched it up by hand

Erewash-20111210-00265.jpg

Erewash-20111210-00266.jpg

Almost there......

Erewash-20111210-00274.jpg

Erewash-20111210-00276.jpg

Good work fella! I'm currently building one of these. Had a nightmare with the canopy, tried to make my own mask from Tamiya masking tape but this method was taking too long so decided to paint it freehand. Bad idea. Just spent about 45 minutes using various methods including hot soapy water, toothbrush, back of craft knife blade, decal solution and toothpaste to get all the Vallejo acrylic off! Time to buy the Eduard mask.

Good work fella! I'm currently building one of these. Had a nightmare with the canopy, tried to make my own mask from Tamiya masking tape but this method was taking too long so decided to paint it freehand. Bad idea. Just spent about 45 minutes using various methods including hot soapy water, toothbrush, back of craft knife blade, decal solution and toothpaste to get all the Vallejo acrylic off! Time to buy the Eduard mask.

Thanks Mantog, I was getting a bit fed up with it towards the end, still got the Stuka to finish :-(

I can't recommend the Eduard mask enough, cut's the time spent down immensely, I still needed to trim some of them down, but only a few.