Anybody hear about the release of the HC 1/48 F9F-8 Cougar?

I'm guessing this model was going to be made in co-operation with Trumpeter - as per the Panther, but has been delayed for whatever reason. If Hobbyboss's new F3H Demon sells well - perhaps they may come up with the model finally??

The FM model isnt too bad ( well for them anyway) just expensive.

Cheers

Jonners

I'm guessing this model was going to be made in co-operation with Trumpeter - as per the Panther, but has been delayed for whatever reason. If Hobbyboss's new F3H Demon sells well - perhaps they may come up with the model finally??

The FM model isnt too bad ( well for them anyway) just expensive.

Cheers

Jonners

I haven't seen the FM F9F-8 on sale anywhere for a few years. They also do an equally-difficult-to-get-hold-of F11F (come on someone - do this too!). Both would fill an annoying gap in my stash.

Andy

The Tiger was another of their better efforts too!!

Jonners

Here is my 1/48 naval aviation wish/ bucket list; the F-11-F long nose,the FJ3 Fury (but better than the ESCI release please) the F3H Demon (please don't let HB massacre this kit) F3D Skyknight ( but not the Gap-O-Matic issue from Czech Models) the AD3 Skywarrior (but not Collect Aire because I don't own Switzerland yet) the A1E Skyraider (don't even attempt to push off that old Matchbox monstrosity) and last but not least, the A2D Skyshark (I hate vacuu-form, so don't even go there.) My first choice for a producer for these kits is Tamiya, then the new Airfix (because I can't trust Hasegawa to not shorten them all by 6 to 10 cm and Hobby Boss will make them all too fat, Trumpeter will deform certain parts so they are out of there) and all these kits must be all released before I die. That is not asking too much right?

Cheers

Miracles happen. Where did that Tamiya F4D come from?

I would like to know what inspired them to make the FORD, perhaps it was as simple as the fact that the only 1/48 kit available at the time was the horrid Lindberg kit, or just divine inspiration. I hope Tamiya will be divinely inspired before I go.

Cheers

We're waiting for several things from HC that have thus far been vapo(u)rware. They've promised a 1/32 T-6 (the original one) for ages as well. And it was supposed to be light years better than their (very mediocre) Sea Fury - something of an überkit from what I'm given to understand.

Still waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember HC announcing the Cougar back in 1997. I don't think it's ever going to make it. Given HCs dismal track record how accurate would it be? Look at their underwhelming Panther. Are they even in the plastic model business anymore? I think it's been several years since I have seen new kits from them.