Scania 4 series

Ponti

Hi Modelling Peep's,

Thought I'd have a bit of a play till the Motorsports GB so have decided to do a conversion on the Italeri 144L Millenium kit.

Fancied a 6 wheeler and thought I'd do a common vehicle on our roads, a 6x2. Also decided to chop the roof and create a standard sleeper cab not the Topline version in the kit.

First pics of the cab now the tops chopped think it looks right just needs a bit of a tweek to get the front down a tiny bit, the doors to fit right and spread the rear to match the cab width there.

pc110281ei5.jpg

pc110282hm9.jpg

pc110283hn1.jpg

pc110284qw5.jpg

Hoping it will look something like this cabwise as it will remain a LHD unit and end up with German plates

scaniawalkerzu2.jpg

try Kit form services

They do loads of parts for 1/24 scale trucks!

Including RHD dash's

Good service too!

I can second that, although what will start off as buying a few items will change to loads and an empty wallet....

The aluminium wheels are a must though!:)

Thanks Guys,

Have stacks of stuff here and at my folks house from Howard at KFS. Just wanted to do something myself rather than buy a conversion kit and have it all done for me. Converting to RHD isn't needed as there are quite a few UK hauliers running left hookers.

Interesting build.

I have fancied having a try at a commercial vehicle for some time now. Aren't these things huuuuuuge?

I hope you post lots of shots of the build process :)

Must admit I keep looking at some of the builds on here and have to resist the temptation to go out and buy one: wonder if it's got something to do with the amount of time I spend looking at their wheel hubs on the Great London Orbital Car Park every day.

Interesting build.

I have fancied having a try at a commercial vehicle for some time now. Aren't these things huuuuuuge?

I hope you post lots of shots of the build process :)

Size isn't always inportant :devil: Only joking.

If I stick with the 6x2 tractor unit it would be about 28x12x14cm's (lenght x width x height)

Having been out on the roads the last couple of days working have seen a few rigid's that look nice, also a box of goodies are coming up today and I think I've got a HiAb style crane in the box so might stretch the chassis and make a flat bed.

Not sure yet will work it all out the next few days.

I'll post pictures as the build comes along, detailling standards might not be upto yours and quite a few others but will do my best to make a realistic scale replica