1:35 Challenger I Mk3 with dozer blade

This was a long build, started at the beginning of May and was slow going, then got completely interrupted in July as I packed up to move house! So as soon as I had unpacked a bit in the new house, I picked it up again. Well now its complete and here are the pictures:

DSCF4269.JPG

DSCF4270.JPG

DSCF4271.JPG

DSCF4272.JPG

DSCF4274.JPG

DSCF4275.JPG

DSCF4276.JPG

DSCF4277.JPG

DSCF4279.JPG

DSCF4281.JPG

DSCF4283.JPG

I used the Tamiya kit, with Accurate Armour Dozer blade, AFV crew and camo nets, plus decals from Echelon plus lots of plaster bandage, air dough modelling clay, claycrete, stone ballast, static grass etc etc

This is my first AFV since I returned from 30 years in the non-modelling wilderness at the start of the year and I must thank benskipper for his Challenger 1 Mk3, Kings Royal Hussars - KFOR build which provided a great deal of inspiration (and not a little intimidation ;) )

Thanks for all the nice comments :)

The dent in the fuel tank is a comment on my own driving - the only time I've ever hit anything while driving is when going backwards... my old car had a selection of dents in the back bumper from slow "meetings" with bollards, trees, walls etc :)

Thanks for all the nice comments :)

The dent in the fuel tank is a comment on my own driving - the only time I've ever hit anything while driving is when going backwards... my old car had a selection of dents in the back bumper from slow "meetings" with bollards, trees, walls etc :)

LOL, you should see the mess that's made when you bang into a tree with a full one!! Lots of smoke...

• 3 months later...