Aroura 72nd Scale 737

Don H.

I think you will find it is based on the prototype, and has the fuselage length of the 100. It will need some work but they can turn out very nicely.

Lucky you to have two - they are very rare. I have been looking for one for years.

Edited by Nigel Bunker

I think you will find it is based on the prototype, and has the fuselage length of the 100. It will need some work but they can turn out very nicely.

Lucky you to have two - they are very rare. I have been looking for one for years.

Thank you for the information. Much as I hate to admit it, I purchased them new. Wife asked me to clean out a closet, and there was a large box in there that I had forgotten about. Voila.

I also see that I butchered Aurora. Apologies. You should, however, see what I normally do to borealis.

I've got one in the stash too, only I had wanted to do it in a 'Janet Airways' livery. That was until someone pointed out that it was more like a -100 than the -200 'Janet Airways' uses. Anyway, the problem got solved as I bought a Welsh Models 1/72 -200 for the Janet Airways decals I've got and found I could get NASA decals in 1/72 for the -100 they use, which I also got a sheet of now.

If you want these decals you can get them here;

http://www.hawkeyemodels.com.au/Site.htm

Click on the 'US Military Decals' button on the left, only I've just noticed they don't have them listed under the 1/72 now. Might be worth an email to them to see if you can still get them in 1/72, that's if you're interested.

Patience in this case *will* be rewarded, possibly before the end of 2011, I promise (and not by Welsh Models)... :)

J

So I understand it's a good thing I didn't order Welsh's 1:72 737 kit ? I was about to place an order 2 weeks ago...

I can confirm that Don is correct in his statement that the kit is based on the prototype.

Cheers.

Is the aforementioned kit a 737-100 or a 737-200? It's really basic, but I have two of them I'd like to build and I think they can be improved, at least to a point.

Thank you.

Don harstad

Unless you're just in for a challenge, I wouldn't waste my time on them. Patience in this case *will* be rewarded, possibly before the end of 2011, I promise (and not by Welsh Models)... :)

J

Hmmm, patience I don't normally have, but will do in this case !!!!!!

[Edit] Looks like I dropped a clanger so I'll take it out! I've no wish to be controversial here, so I'll take it on the chin and offer apologies to all and anyone concerned.[/Edit]

Cheers,

John

Edited by Viking

Authentic do a nose for it.

Id do one with that nose and a bit of work but its getting one, let alone two!

I think Kurt did a nose for the KMC 727, which with a bit of work could be adapted to a 737, but although the 707, 727 and 737 share the same upper fuselage the lower is different in each case, although I don't think it is available anymore

The Monogram 1/72 737 is from the Aurora moulds or is a different one?

Thanks

Micheke

In a word yes same kit different boxings

The Monogram 1/72 737 is from the Aurora moulds or is a different one?

Thanks

Micheke

Not exactly the same. Different decals yes, but in the Monogram kit the fuselage windows are moulded over and instead appear on the 'United' decals. Otherwise yes, all parts identical.