Would you buy this kit?

Buck Rodgers 1/32 Starfighter  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Priced the same as Moebius Vipers

• Yes
    • No

Being tight as a gnats chuff I loathe to spend $170 on the 1/32 Starfighter that's currently available. ( with cockpit) So Just to throw an idea out into the ole tinternet to see the response.

Edited by Pilgrim_UK

Was about to tell you all about the Hasegawa 32nd F-104 and True Details cockpit I've got in the stash but then read the post properly so will shut up and not make a tw@t of myself...

Just wondering about the no responses is it because Sci-fi does not interest you or the ship has never interested you?

Col Stop stealing my job. :D

Edited by Pilgrim_UK

Got a link you can post to the kit Pilgrim? Just so those of us too lazy to use an internet search engine can have a look at it ;)

This is the ship we are talking about.

Also known as the Thunder Fighter.

Strftr.jpg

At the moment, the only kit available is an expensive resin jobby.

There was a Monogram kit out years ago, but is quite hard to get hold of now. I was lucky enough to get one of these a few weeks back.

I love Buck Rogers, got a U Bend linky on my faves bar for the whole film :thumbsup2: Id give most of my appendages for a model of their ships, but as this is way out of my price range then Ive got no chance :crying: However, if money was not a problem, then yes, Id buy one deffo :yahoo:

Quick question, is the Moebius Viper the new BSG Viper or the proper one?

Bexy

MANY years ago I had one of these , Imean, I must have been 10 or 11ish.. cos I used to use the cockpit section as a handle and run around the garden using it as a gun! Well... I was a big fan of Blake's Seven too :)) I also recall having a model of the Cygnus from the Disney film The Black Hole, but I can't remember who made it; it was about 18 inches or 2 feet long and was the mother of all paintjobs to do, being all framework! I wonder what those kits would be worth now?

MANY years ago I had one of these , Imean, I must have been 10 or 11ish.. cos I used to use the cockpit section as a handle and run around the garden using it as a gun! Well... I was a big fan of Blake's Seven too :)) I also recall having a model of the Cygnus from the Disney film The Black Hole, but I can't remember who made it; it was about 18 inches or 2 feet long and was the mother of all paintjobs to do, being all framework! I wonder what those kits would be worth now?

I've had one of those Marauders in the stash for a while now. Just took me a little while before I managed to get the Starfighter to go with it.

The Cygnus was made by MPC. I had one of those when I was a young'un. Not sure what happened to it, but I suspect it was probably chucked out, which is a shame because they do fetch silly money on ebay nowdays (even old built ones). I'd love to have another crack at one.

cygnus.jpg

I have Maximillian (also from the Black Hole) in the stash and the remains of Vincent, which again, I built as a kid. Maybe I'll rebuild him as old Bob.

I'll take some pics of the Thunder Fighter for you tomorrow Pilgrim. Won't take long, because there aren't that many bits to it. :)

Quick question, is the Moebius Viper the new BSG Viper or the proper one?

Moebius do the MkII and the MkVII Vipers from Nu BSG.

pre_moe_viper_boxtop.jpg

MOE-916_boxart.jpg

The original Viper is still only available in plastic from Revell.

113967-10080.jpg

All three are in the same scale though and since what you call the "proper one" ( :fight: ) also appeared in the new series, then you could display all three together. ;)

Actually, this is all related, because the Buck Rogers Thunder Fighter was originally one of the proposed designs for the Colonial Viper from the 1978 Battlestar Galactica series.

Edited by Smiffy

All three are in the same scale though and since what you call the "proper one" ( :fight: ) also appeared in the new series, then you could display all three together. ;)

Actually, this is all related, because the Buck Rogers Thunder Fighter was originally one of the proposed designs for the Colonial Viper from the 1978 Battlestar Galactica series.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that, Ive actually got a part finished original Revell Viper, should really get around to tinkering with it again after 15 years :lol: I watched 1 ep of the "new" BSG and binned it, couldnt get my head round it at all :crying:

I had no idea that Bucks fighter was proposed for the orginal BSG, well ya learn sumfing new everyday :worthy: Mind you, thinking about it from memory, the joysticks & targeting computers were the same :doh:

Bexy

16 to 9 Votes with the ayes having it so far. Thought there would be bigger margin than that for a rather cool looking fighter ( not as good as the X-wing though).

Currently looking for one of those Viper MK1's so if anybody sees one give me a nudge. :D

Edited by Pilgrim_UK

I've had one of those Marauders in the stash for a while now. Just took me a little while before I managed to get the Starfighter to go with it.

The Cygnus was made by MPC. I had one of those when I was a young'un. Not sure what happened to it, but I suspect it was probably chucked out, which is a shame because they do fetch silly money on ebay nowdays (even old built ones). I'd love to have another crack at one.

cygnus.jpg

I have Maximillian (also from the Black Hole) in the stash and the remains of Vincent, which again, I built as a kid. Maybe I'll rebuild him as old Bob.

I'll take some pics of the Thunder Fighter for you tomorrow Pilgrim. Won't take long, because there aren't that many bits to it. :)

Found this on the Evil Bay.. linky

Also found Vincent too for a cool £274!

• 2 weeks later...
Also found Vincent too for a cool £274!

I won one on ebay a couple of days ago for £22. :)

Then you're missing out - one of the finest TV dramas in recent years.

Absolutely.

Very rare to find a series that actually ends with such a strong finale as well (in fact I can't think of another which comes close :hmmm: ). Great soundtrack too. Consistantly brilliant throughout the whole series.

The Big G heading off into the sunset, with the Colonial Theme playing. Adama and Roslin in the Raptor at the end... gets me everytime. :crying:

I know there was a section of fans that felt that certain loose ends were left untied, but I was quite happy to draw my own conclusions there.

• 2 months later...