Italeri & Classic Airframes F-5 Aftermarket Parts 1/48scale!

No aftermarket items - sorry!

The CA kit comes with a good resin cockpit, but is missing the tailhook - I sourced this from Belcher Bits who do a wonderful tailhook. Will include one in the kit we discussed the other day. Other than that, there is not much out there unfortunatelly.

No aftermarket items - sorry!

The CA kit comes with a good resin cockpit, but is missing the tailhook - I sourced this from Belcher Bits who do a wonderful tailhook. Will include one in the kit we discussed the other day. Other than that, there is not much out there unfortunatelly.

Belcher Bits do a Canadian weapons and corection set for the Classic kit. I don't know if that is any use to you.

http://www.belcherbits.com/lines/148conv/bb18.htm

No, but AFAIK the Italeri kit is the ancient Hawk kit (from the mid-1960s).

Also, FWIW, there are two new 1/48 F-5A/B kits announced, one from Turkey (their first kit), and one from Kinetic. Hoping that one or both will end up being actual 1/48 F-5A/Bs.

J

I missed the kinetic one, do you have a link?

Julien

Loon models do an inflight refuling probe set.It includes both types of probe.Not sure where one would get them though.I think Hannants stock them sometimes........Neil

No, but AFAIK the Italeri kit is the ancient Hawk kit (from the mid-1960s).

Also, FWIW, there are two new 1/48 F-5A/B kits announced, one from Turkey (their first kit), and one from Kinetic. Hoping that one or both will end up being actual 1/48 F-5A/Bs.

J

Just out of interest, aside from the wingtip tanks, what's wrong with the CA one if I were to build a USAF F-5A/C?

Cheers

Jon

I built the CA model some years ago, so, from the top of my head; the wing span is too long, the LERX are too small, the wing control surfaces and panel lines need to be rescribed. Also the fuselage underside panel lines are incorrect.

Nils