1/48 AZ Tunnan pics

dragonlanceHR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Source: http://www.rebell.com/j29-tunnan-nos-korre...m_store=default

J29 Tunnan nose correction for AZ models. See info. MAY 2012

This set contains a resin nose with cannon "bumps" and barrels in resin plus a vacformed canopy, that corrects the strangely shaped nose of AZ models kit. Included are also 4 pylons/railings.

To fit the set you have to cut the front section of the model and fill a couple of smaller areas in the canopy area with plasticard.

mmk48471.jpg

V.P.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

A revised 1/48th Saab J29 Tunnan kit by AZ Model in 2014 (or later...)?

Source: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234931186-azmodellegatoadmiral-wwii-aircraft-comments-questions-and-wishes/page-12

"Friends, thank you for your suggestions for our new models in new quality.
The model Spitfire Mk.XIV already have some thinking. Maybe next year. Please try to convince us on this model.
Who Spitfire XIV want?

Next year we also plan to revise completely new model J-29 in brand new quality .. The new model will be the version of J-29A / B, so the problem is to do aircraft of the UN Congo.

Hope you like our plans."

Wait and see.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Hmm.. The J 29F is HORRIBLE!!! In order to do a J 29A/B they need to make a new fuselage anyway, along with new wings.. Let's hope they get it right this time..

AZ has got lots of bad press for their 1:48 kits, while they have a good reputation for their 1:72 scale ones... Maybe in future their 1:48 kits will gain better reputation - I really hope so. Meanwhile I keep wondering if I buy the Maestro J-29 correction set for that hefty price.

• 3 years later...

Reissue. If not revised: stay away from this kit!

Source: 

https://www.facebook.com/azmodelkits/photos/a.479270545430893.116320.478579078833373/1405595619465043/?type=3&theater

Instead go for the Pilot Replicas one:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234936043-172-saab-j-29ab-tunnan-by-tarangus-released/

16265429_1405595626131709_39238705167467

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

After their first Tunnan disaster, AZ said that they would re-tool at least parts of this model. So maybe they did. However, I never thought they would do that regarding the Pilot Replicas and Hobbyboss releases. Who will buy this? 

18 minutes ago, mhaselden said:

Has Pilot Replicas released the J-29 variant appropriate for UN operations in the Congo?  Been waiting for that one but haven't heard anything.

No, not yet.
But I'm sure they're working on it. Don't think it's that long way away.

It shall be interesting to see what AZ is coming with now. If they've done their homework and retooled the kit, it could be a contender for Hobby Boss.

Edited by flarpen
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, mhaselden said:

Has Pilot Replicas released the J-29 variant appropriate for UN operations in the Congo?  Been waiting for that one but haven't heard anything.

Have you the Print Scale sheet as well? I like the camouflaged one but my mate reckons that was only applied to the recce ones?

13 minutes ago, flarpen said:

No, not yet.
But I'm sure they're working on it. Don't think it's that long way away.

It shall be interesting to see what AZ is coming with now. If they've done their homework and retooled the kit, it could be a contender for Hobby Boss.

I hope so flarpen. A recce conversion to fit would be good as well...

On 26.1.2017 at 10:37 PM, Bjorn said:

After their first Tunnan disaster, AZ said that they would re-tool at least parts of this model. So maybe they did. However, I never thought they would do that regarding the Pilot Replicas and Hobbyboss releases. Who will buy this? 

Well - if they corrected it I would buy. Pilot Replicas is too expensive and HobbyBoss too small ;-)

René

17 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Well - if they corrected it I would buy. Pilot Replicas is too expensive and HobbyBoss too small ;-)

René

AZ was also quite expensive! Lots of resin in there.... add to that a new , longer landing gear, Maestro conversion, better decals , maybe metal pitots.....you end up far above Pilot Replicas kit! Ask me :(

I have both.....

• Like 1