Chiefy ARV

Hi all,

Its been a while since Ive been on here, very busy with this and that, but Ive managed to get back to the modelling table and finish this little one (ha ha )

It is the accurate Armour chieftan conversion of the ARV version of the ol` Tamiya chieftan kit, very old but still very good.

Along side is the Berlin Brigade Chiefy I did a while back, I think they make quite a nice pair!!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

as always all comments most welcome.

Malc.

http://malcsmodels.blogspot.com/

Ohhhhh Thats a bit nice! love the weathering especially the oil on the bazooka plates, very effective.

Edited by ferny

Fantastic build and weathering and, well, everything really. They're both amazing. :thumbsup:

cheers mate

malc.

Ohhhhh Thats a bit nice! love the weathering especially the oil on the bazooka plates, very effective.

thanks mate,

cheers,

malc.

That looks so real! can't fault it, weathering is superb. I never saw an ARV even though i was on Cheiftains for a bit, but your model is utterly convincing.

cheers mate,

I was lucky enough to drive an ARV MK 7 with the crane a few times, awsome machines!!

Thanks,

malc.

WOW !! Great looking chiefy !!! excellent weathering and figure painting. like it very much !!!

many thanks,

figures still need some work, not totally happy with them.

cheers,

malc.

That is verging on the brilliant.

many thanks,

malc.

Amazing,that's got to be one of the best weathered models I've seen-fantastic!Interesting camo on the Chiefy,again looks great!

Mike

thanks mate,

malc.

A very nice pair, I could almost smell the engines, I used to drive the MBT

thanks mate,

used to love to drive them just didnt get much chance, drove the bridge layer MTLB a few times, spent most of my time in a CET )-:

cheers mate,

malc.

I've been tempted by that Chieftain ARV along with the Chally ARV and yours looks superb, nice and mucky! I'll have to start saving the pennies for more Accurate Armour goodies!

Very nice models.

The Berlin one is much better than the one I did a few years ago for my dads mate who was a commander in Berlin. (he still liked it though)

The accurate armour stuff is nice, but really expensive.

I always wanted their Bridge layer Chiefy but never had the courage to spend the £300 on it!

Julien

I've been tempted by that Chieftain ARV along with the Chally ARV and yours looks superb, nice and mucky! I'll have to start saving the pennies for more Accurate Armour goodies!

yep, they are a bit on the expensive side, but worth every penny

cheers,

malc.

Absolutely stonking! :worthy:

Pete

stonking LMAO

thanks mate,

malc.

This simply stinks.........of PERFECTION nice build there mate!

thank you,

malc.

Very nice models.

The Berlin one is much better than the one I did a few years ago for my dads mate who was a commander in Berlin. (he still liked it though)

The accurate armour stuff is nice, but really expensive.

I always wanted their Bridge layer Chiefy but never had the courage to spend the £300 on it!

Julien

the bridge l;ayer is awsome, as you said, a bit expensive, not sure where my wife would stick it!!

many thanks mate,

malc.

Superb models, one teeny weeny nit pick though. Are the REME ARV crew sporting RTR beret badges ? :unsure:

Regards

Keith

could be, eerm, got me there

I know when they get posted to an LAD, they take on the same beret/headress as the parent unit, but your right, I forgot to shave off the RTR cap badge.

Many thanks,

malc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Where did all the pictures go? :please:

Have you moved them into a new folder or deleted them on Photobucket? If not you may have to go back into your account and re-link them.

It's also possible that your photobucket account has gone into 'hibernation' if you havn't logged into it for a while. If you log back in it should restore the picture link.

Hope this helps. :bye:

Regards,

Steve