Spray craft airbrush cleaner and xtracrylix!

ferny

Hi all

Just tried to clean my air brush, after using xtracrylix with Spray Craft air brush cleaner only for the paint to turn to a jelly like substance and block my brand new nozzle ! Not impressed!

I have learnt the hard way that not all air brush cleaners work with all paints!

What is the best to use with xtracrylix?

Thanks in advance

Jon.

Yup - had that do same!

For the Acrylics I use Medea Airbrush Cleaner (water based cleaner in bottle) for quick slosh throughs between colours - and use Premi Air foaming airbrush cleaner (water based) for final clean through - sometimes followed by a little more Medea and, sometimes, some Badger Airbrush Cleaner (strong solvent spray).

Iain

I use Xtracrylix all the time and use Vallejo airbrush cleaner with it and had no problem after each change of colour - final blow through with cellulose thinners after finishing. Seems to work.

Andy

I have learnt the hard way that not all air brush cleaners work with all paints!

What is the best to use with xtracrylix?

I believe theses paints are water soiliuble so you should be using water.

this might help

http://misc.kitreview.com/tools/xtracrylicseviewbg_1.htm

Dave

I use Xtracrylix all the time and use Vallejo airbrush cleaner with it and had no problem after each change of colour -

Andy

Same as Andy no problems at all with vallejo AB cleaner. Works with xtracrylix, vallejo, lifecolor and games workshop.

When finished I have a quick squirt of reamer to finish.

Julien