WnW 1/32 Roland D.VI.a

T-Tango

Afternoon all;

I'm having a break from Albies, the next project is a WnW Roland D.VI.a, however the first sprue I see on opening the box is another Daimler Mercedes D.III engine, hey ho! This is the scheme I'm planning on, Emil Koch, Jasta 32b, 1918, photos will follow as I progress.

rol01.jpg

Pete

Edited by T-Tango

I must admit at being tempted to actually ordering this one from WNW - unfortunately, I dithered too long....... our dog became very ill a couple of weeks ago and cost me £400 - which made me feel ill!

We are also about to go on holiday to Cornwall for a week, so this will very much have to go on the back burner for a while. Never mind, by the time I'm ready perhaps one of the new models will be on release - like the look of either the Fokker DVII or Pfaltz DXII.

No doubt your latest project will be up to your usual high standard. Will watch your progress with interest.

By the way, managed to complete the Eduard Camel. Getting the top wing on turned out not too much of a problem.

Epeeman

Its a lovely kit to build Pete, you'll do it full justice. Nice choice of colour scheme too!

Those fuselage halves are an incredible set of mouldings aren't they.

Look forward to seeing progress on it,

John

Hi Pete,its just an Albatros without the steroid treatment.Look forward to the build.In this months Airfix mag there is a build article on the kit too,well worth a look.

Dave.

Looking good Pete,

If you're previous WNW builds are anything to go by this one sould be amazing.

Thanks mate.

A question for any body that knows the Roland, there are 2 'spade' shaped panels just below the cockpit opening each side of the fusilage, any ideas on the colour?

Cheers

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...