Orange Hobby

rob kernaghan

• 2 weeks later...

The new Juan Carlos I kit is even better as we can always build it as one of the Australian pair currently under construction

Orange Hobby Juan Carlos I

One note however the kit comes with the earlier LCM8 landing craft, but Orange hobby do an addon pack with a pair of very nice RORO LCM-1E landing craft complete with Leopard 2 tanks (with built in brass barrels !) which are the correct landing craft for the type

LCM-1E

The local stockists only appear to have picked up the ships and not the extras they also do

G

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Don't think so, I've been in contact with Cherry at OrangeHobby quite recently. Might just be a server problem.

Is OrangeHobby out of business? Can't get in on their web page....

I have had good comms with Orangehobby towards the end of last week, so I think it is just a technical issue with their website.

In the meantime have a look at this......

Hermes_01.jpg

Hermes_02.jpg

.......good times ahead !!!!

John

I also received a similar email from Cherry. Not sure what the governments problem is, but it's good to see that Orange Hobby is ok.

• 3 weeks later...

looking forward to both versions of HMS Hermes.

Maybe we can pursuade them to do HMS Ark Royal IV

I can live in hope.

looking forward to both versions of HMS Hermes.

Maybe we can pursuade them to do HMS Ark Royal IV

I can live in hope.

I have asked them and they haven't quashed the idea, but they are a little busy with their current projects.

I have asked them and they haven't quashed the idea, but they are a little busy with their current projects.

I have received a pic from OH of the first hull casting of the Hermes. As one would expect it looks excellent. In this case, Deng has chosen not to cast the superstructure/bridge with the rest of the hull and it is a separate piece wich I think will make for easier painting etc. I hope to receive a full kit very shortly and will attempt to get pics on the site asap.

I know that OH are exploring producing subjects in plastic injection. Deng, the owner, is good friends with the chap who runs S-model who produce early Chinese Navy inection warship kits.

Deng has his own favourite subjects he wishes to produce in resin 700th and these are likely to come first. We have discussed doing Ark Royal BUT the problem is plans.

However, there are a number of other RN subjects under consideration which if they appear, will please all.

I agree the issue with Ark Royal IV is plans, but I'm a little confused how Orange have managed to produce kits then of Ocean and Juan Carlos. I wouldn't have thought plans of these were available? I had some notion that perhaps they were using some sort of 3d modelling from photos. Ark would be a good seller I'm sure but without the information there isn't much that could be done. Look forward to seeing some photos of Hermes, hopefully she will be ready in time for autumn to allow for completion for Telford, she would fit nicely with the planned Fine Waterline SIG Falklands theme for this year.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Wish they could do the Norwegian Navy SKJOLD Class FPB :-) (Stealthy)

800px-KNM_Storm.jpg

Not a single Norwegian navy boat in model.....'

Here`s me hoping that someday......

I have just received an email from Orangehobby. Apparently the Government of China have blocked the site due to rules over the domain name.

Orangehobby are still very much in business!!!

Their temporary site can be found here: OrangehobbyTempSite

John

Just went on the site: It lasted 5 seconds then was rediercted to a Chinese language blocking site..... :angry: :angry:

Not a single Norwegian navy boat in model.....'

Here`s me hoping that someday......

Why don't you ask them, they are very friendly.

Off at a slight tangent: Orange Hobby also make a funky X-47B in 1/72, should anyone not fancy the Platz injected one for some reason.