New 1/48 Sea Fury,F-105 and MiG-17

Stephen

The F-105 looks promising! The Sea Fury looks great too although I wish Trumpeter would cool their enthusiasm for rivet detail - it looks like somebody's run a machine gun across it!

Stephen nice find :thumbsup: , the fury looks great pity about the rivets I guess you could tone them down some how, but the Mig-17 is very intriguing I'd be nice to add another cold war bird to the stash B)

c1bf3c1f.jpg

184ba4d6.jpg

Edited by KiwiSteve

... pity about the rivets I guess you could tone them down some how, but the Mig-17 is very intriguing I'd be nice to add another cold war bird to the stash

The rivets DO look pretty heavy, but the rest lokos good. ANother MiG - oh yeah!

I just love the Sea Fury so thats on the list. Those rivets looked to have been toned up by some preshading so i'm sure my heavy hand could tone them down.

Liked to have seen some cockpit detail but I guess its black anyway

Whats made me laugh is a comment along the lines of:

"dammit!!! i jsut spent a s*** load on the hobbycraft kit and a bunch of aftermarket. why does this ALWAYS happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gland I'm not the only one!!

Got 3 Hobby craft kits and loads of after market bits and bobs.

Still, I'm sure I'll use them, eventually!

Oh yeah, a new 105! Me very happy! I'll take 3 please.

Now, what about a new 100 and 101 in this scale...

Regards,

Sid

Oh, please, yes, a 101...

Give 'em time on the F-100 in Quarter Scale. If the Thud is HobbyBoss then I'd expect to see a HB F-100 later in the year. If they read the boards they will have seen alot of demand (though how widespread?) for a new quarterscale Hun. If they do lets hope Trumpy has The Vietnam ordinance ready to go with another 32nd release so that the proper drop tanks and maybe even the strike camera will be in a new 48th F-100.

I think it'll be a while before we see a new Voodoo in any scale, especially the single seaters and recce ones though. If nobody has thought enough market for one existed to do a limited run or even to keep the old Hasegawa 72nd in production I wonder how a new 'doo would get thru the greenlighting process.

But hey HobbyBoss prove me wrong

Matt

Hey another question....

Regarding the Sea Fury. Somewhere around here there is a statement about the kit being to The same standard as the Wyvern. As I have not yet scored one of those (try imagining asking Santa, aka the missus, for a Wyvern and getting the puzzled looks back!) does this look like the surface on the Wyvern?

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts

They have still not got the gear right, far too short as on the 72nd one... and the rivets.... What the F88k :angrysoapbox.sml:

look at the difference on the hobbycraft Sea Fury.

DSCN1117.jpg

DSCN1121.jpg

Cheers,

Neil

I have to say that's a beautiful sea fury neilfgr2 :speak_cool:

If their 1:48 F-105 is a downscaling of their 1:32 kit then it will need alot of fixing around the nose and spine. But it's better then having to rescribe the panellines, like on the Monogram/Revell kit.

Indeed!

The Trumpy 32nd scale F-105 was botched in quite a few areas and definitely not one of their better kits. I hope they don’t over engineer it, and keep it simple. The rivet/fastener detail; my God when will they "get it"? They still don’t have a grip on that tooling aspect as the rivet detail sill looks like punched holes.

Personally, I'd rather scribe a Monogram kit than fill and fair all those holes. Also, I can produce a finer scribe panel lines than Trumpeter's tooling. If they indeed just "scale down" their 32nd scale kit, then I'll probably stick with the Monogram kit. Even with Monogram's pointed nose, it still would be a lot more accurate than a true scaled down Trumpy F-105!. Let's hope they fixed all those major errors.

One more issue to note is the retail cost. Trumpeter has already announced a 25% price jacking on all their kits. That's really going to kill a lot of sales her in the states, where Stevens is already raking us over the coals for Trumpeter kits!

Mike V