Red Dragon of Krynn

Paul B

Screamin' 1/15 Red Dragon of Krynn - Advanced Dungeons & Dragons vinyl kit.

A friend of mine at work gave me this kit to build for him. Originally I had wanted to use it as a GB entry but He's due to leave before Christmas, so the time scale to complete the kit has been drastically reduced.

It's a hollow cast vinyl kit that is no longer in production. The cast date on the kit says April 1992, I was just about to sit my GCSE's at the time :closedeyes: The joints aren't perfect but should come out ok with a bit of filling :G

Old kit box

d1.jpg

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

I'm useing fine white Milliput on the joints and will be topping it off with model filler, then re-froming the scales

d6.jpg

The bone's that form the ridge along the back all overlap, but at the neck and tail joints the two bones needed to be extended to creat the overlap.

d7.jpg

Wings to attach, leg & wing joints need filling and the detail restoring, then I can start painting :D :D :D

I love Dragons, I really do love'em, it's about the only thing I ever drew when I was a youngling. One of the earliest films I can remember watching was Disney's Puff the Magic Dragon and then later the D&D spin off Flight of Dragons animated film. This is one kit I wish I was building for myself :(

Edited by Paul B

• 2 weeks later...

Oo. Godzilla - post some pics if you get round to it :D

Filled all the joints and it's ready for priming...

d9.jpg

Thing only just fits! First coat of primer and I'm down one 180ml rattle can of Tamiya Fine Gray Primer :(

d10.jpg

After spraying this thing I'm going to need new filters in the booth & some more tins of primer. Once it's dried it'll be time to get the dremmel out and etch some details back into the joints, then one more coat of primer.

Edited by Paul B

That looks like it'll be fun to paint! :shocked:

Nice to see your spray booth has seen some action ;) I gave up with filters after a while on mine & just let the paint go through unimpeded. So far I've not had any problems, but you have to hoover out the dust every now & again.