Correcting the Airfix Tristar

richellis

Landing gear and engines are painted, but I have 5 wheels missing! I may use some 747 ones I have in the spares box as Airfix cant help, they are almost the same diam, just about 1mm too narrow.

that is it for a day or so. Work tomorrow!

painted the centre intake, exhaust, and nose so it looks less like a rabbit now, masked up for the darker under the decal, so Ill prime, this weekend, and try and get the pink mixed and maybe squirt some on.

Wings in primer, but that jsut shows how much more work they need!

Oh, and I forgot to glue in the antenna on the top of the fuselage, so thats in place, and re-painted!

Bit more paint on the fuselage, the lower pink is on, its run undr the masking, but not a problem as the decals will cover it. Ill brush some white over the runs so they wont be seen under the decal.

Still working on the wings, and getting them sanded and ready for paint.

001%20(3).JPG

002%20(2).JPG

looking good rich - the colours look right as well so maybe I need to revise my thoughts on the lower colour...and my existing model...

(it probably needs a refurb anyway :))

Yello,

I started to get some decals on last night, they went on well, but some of the bigger pink stripes broke up a bit, and wouldnt move about on the model. needs some repair work here and there, but nothing major. this is mostly on the large tail decal, lashings of micro-sol and set got it to settle but I think it wasnt happy due to the amount of work Ive done here with the intake and tail shapes. there are alot more curves than there was before!

DSC00023.JPG

• Like 1