XX331

jasman71

Well considering the amount of Hawks I have made I have been very slow in starting one for here, for various reasons.. Anyway, seeing as nearly all the facy colour schemes have either been taken or I have already made them in my collection, I thought I would go with a more conservative grey edition, as it's one of the few I haven't done that are readily available on external sheets. It isn't all that eye-catching but hopefully it hasn't already been done :) It will be XX331 of 100 Sqn in the 1990s, based at Leeming

I apologise for a lack of build photographs up to this point, but it is in 72 scale using the Airfix Red Arrows release as a base. Xtradecal sheet 095 provides the markings. I will try to add a few more photos as I go along though. I'm not looking to win any prizes with it but I can be tail-end Charlie to the build :D I like getting my Hawks to this stage as I prefer the painting and finishing to the build process (especially when you've made over 30!) so I sort of consider this to be the blank canvas part

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Edited by jasman71

little bit more done - a bit more decalling and construction of minor items. I also found that I have lost my humbrol 103 cream, no idea where it has gone, unless the carpet monster is not so fussy anymore? SO while I'm waiting for a new tin... panel lines picked out with a graphite pencil.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Well it's done at last. Ordered a Master pitot probe and it fits/looks wonderful! Must order one for the 32nd examples :) It wasn't built to win any competitions but it's another one added to the flightline.. which i've also taken a pic of :)

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Hope you all touch down safely by tonight guys :)

Edited by jasman71

Thankyou gents - yes I have 2 Red Arrows hawks on the go, and if you look at the far end on the bottom shelf there is also a black one unfinished. There are 12 foreigners there too, including 3x Hawk 200s. Got a few Canadian, Aussie,Swiss, South African and Bahraini ones to do yet too

yeah I used the MA decal sheet for the Dragon hawk, but I think the same markings were available on an Almark sheet IIRC

jason you have until this evening until i close the galley and set up the poll

I guess mine will be done by midnight.....

love the line up and the grey one will hopefully look nice next to mine...

the hopeful part is that mine comes up to your standard

ok....well....I'm off to finish it